Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

The Jade Teahouse. (Complex Pagoda Roof)

SCREENSHOTS
3,106 Downloads 1,157 Thanks  Thanks 85 Favourited 118,820 Views
  Featured Upload!   This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 23rd May 2006 at 9:41 AM
Updated: 23rd May 2006 at 11:05 PM
The Jade Teahouse welcomes your community and/or customers to an authentic traditional japanese experience. Under a sweeping roof, revel in the simple luxury of dark woods and ornately carved shoji screens, and admire the intricate detail of the traditional architecture. Use it as a community hangout, a geisha house, or place of commerce or a samurai's retreat. The Jade Teahouse soothes the soul and focuses the mind.

The Jade Teahouse answers some polite, and not so polite, requests for a community lot. Also, I've always been at pains to show the true intricacy and complexity of traditional japanese roof construction, so I've pushed the pagoda roof technique further, this time, by offering a complex roofline, mixing Sims2 roofing, tile-warping, fencelines, and quarter-walls to create a more interesting visual.

The Jade Teahouse sits on a 3x3 lot. It should run pleasantly fast even on a slow computer. It features a small octagonal room for the tea ceremony, and plenty of interior space. Since the habitable levels are of the standard height, window and door placement should not be an issue. The basement is bare at this point, since you may not have a need for it. If you need to put stairs to it, that will not be an issue either, since it is the standard height below the first floor.

Please let me know your thoughts on the lot, and particularly on the roof.

The Jade Teahouse is part XII of the Shozen series. Check out my profile for the other parts.

* No EP required
* Hack-free
* Includes some new, never-before released wallpapers in my upcoming Dark Shoji series
* My Ultimate Architecture Tutorial can be found here
* To run this house on your machine, and to build interior walls, you need to install the Unleveled Walls by Numeror (Praise be his name!) These walls are not a normal install: They don't go into the regular downloads folder. Read Numeror's instructions and do not use Qxpress to install the walls.

Let me know how you like it, give me thanks if deserved. And if you really like it, please give it a good rating.

If you use it in the game, please do post a screenshot or two here. Thanks!