Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Illuminated Shop Signs

SCREENSHOTS
5,125 Downloads 911 Thanks  Thanks 107 Favourited 79,779 Views
  Featured Upload!   This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 6th Jan 2008 at 5:19 PM
Updated: 22nd Oct 2008 at 4:44 PM by -Maylin-
Brighten up your downtown streets with multicolored light from these wall-mounted advertising signs.

They can be found in lights > wall lights and cost $495 each, which is a snip considering how much extra custom they will bring in for your shops and other businesses.

The signs come in four basic colors, each with several different designs including smashed versions for your inner city lots. Each sign casts a different colored light onto objects and surfaces around it.

The signs use my partylights lighting mod. If you have already installed this mod, you can just delete the lighting file included in the download.

You must at least have the Nightlife EP installed to be able to use these signs.

Installing the signs.

First, place the folder nicvncnt_shopsigns in your downloads folder.

Second, we need to tell the game how to create the colored lighting effects. To do this, follow one of the three simple procedures below.

IF YOU HAVE MY PARTYLIGHTS MOD INSTALLED

You don't need to do anything - the partylights.nlo file included in this download is a duplicate of the one in your game so you can just delete this one.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE MY PARTYLIGHTS BUT HAVE INSTALLED NUMENOR'S SCRIPTORIUM

Place the file

partylights.nlo

in the scriptorium lighting folder

Scriptorium_CustomLights

IF YOU DON'T HAVE MY PARTYLIGHTS OR THE SCRIPTORIUM

Place the file

partylights.nlo

In the folder:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Lights

Also in this folder, you will see a file called:

Lighting.txt

Make a backup copy of the file somewhere safe, away from your game folders.

Open the file

Lighting.txt

in Notepad, and right at the end of the file insert the following line:

sinclude "partylights.nlo"

then save the file and close it.

That's all there is to it!

FAQ

Signs don't cast colored light, just a white light which only illuminates objects, not walls and floors?

The lighting file is not installed correctly - you need to revisit the installation procedure above.

Want to remove the signs from your game?

You can still leave the lighting file in place - it won't do anything if nothing is using it.

Having problems with other lights after installing this mod?

Just revert to the backup copy of the lighting.txt file which you made.

Want to post recolors or use the lights in uploaded lots?

Go ahead.

Polygon Counts:
Each sign has 280 Faces, 408 Verts

Additional Credits: SimPE Milkshape
UVM Pro