Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Rustic Gormet: Maylin's Antique Cooking Fireplace Revisited

SCREENSHOTS
11,928 Downloads 878 Thanks  Thanks 77 Favourited 74,244 Views
This download is part of the Medieval Creator Challenge
Uploaded: 17th Apr 2010 at 2:30 PM
Updated: 17th Apr 2010 at 6:42 PM
This is actually one of the first items I ever recolored for the Sims2 when I started creating over a year ago. I figured it was about time I share it, especially since MTSi happens to be doing a medieval challenge. I find this item indespensible for my Medieval/historical sims.

Over a year ago, I had the bright idea of "why can't my sims cook in their fireplaces?" I found -Maylin-'s awesome mesh, and thought, well maybe I can make just the cauldron visible. It worked, and the result is simple, yet practical.

Without any further ado, I give you actual cooking over fires!!!

With the moveObjects on, and boolprop snapObjectsToGrid false/true, you can actually place the cauldron into a working fireplace and both objects are still useable. I prefer it with the fireplace from BonVoyage pictured above. All my sims in my medieval hood now have a better level of realisim, and now you can too. You do have to light the fireplace before hand, but for me it has become part of the routine so it's not a problem.

It can also be placed over the BonVoyage bonfire, and both objects will be useable. You will still need to use the moveObjects on/off cheat to place. I also tend to use FeeEssen's Wheel Grill, so it doesn't look like the cauldron is floating in space with no support. The grill is still useable aswell with both of the other two items. You will need the boolprop snapObjectsToGrid false/true to place properly. If you don't have BonVoyage, Pacotacoplayer has made a animated campfire object that works and has all the BonVoyage campfire options.

I hope you can all find this item as usefull as I do. Happy Simming!!!

Important Info:
The mesh by Maylin is not included, so you'll need to grab that from Here.

Additional Credits:
Major thanks to Maylin for the mesh!!!