Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Evermore Cottage

SCREENSHOTS
404 Downloads 88 Thanks  Thanks 12 Favourited 12,697 Views
Uploaded: 15th Sep 2010 at 3:03 PM
This was my 4th round entry in the Foundations contest, run here about 6 weeks ago (I know, I should've uploaded this much sooner hehe). The link to the original post can be found HERE.

Evermore Cottage
Located in the woodlands not far from Simalot Castle lies the quaint Evermore Cottage, owned by Lord Builds-Madly and his fiance Lady Sims-Much. After a number of years adventuring in far away lands at the behest of the King of Simalot they decided to retire with the modest hoard of gold they had acquired to this little cottage.

As his father was before him, Lord Builds-Madly is an accomplished carpenter and builder so he wanted to find a place out in the woodlands where he could ply his trade and build a family. Thus he and his fiance decided to purchase Evermore Cottage, a small rural abode set out amongst the trees with enough space for the Lord to build a stable and barn and for the pair to settle down and start a family.

Lot Details
2 Bedroom
Open plan kitchen / dining / living rooms
2 bathrooms
Decorative well
Small stable
Barn / storage building

Furnished - $64,154
Unfurnished - $44,959

Custom Content
Earth Day plants
Ivy Tower (from the Toyota Eco pack)
Harvest Bounty (wheelbarrow)
Riverview (various items)
Let There Be Sims (painting)
In The Dawn of Sims (clown painting)

I think that was all the "custom" content, free from the Sims Store stuff, the rest should be normal expansion content (WA, Amb, HEL) but if I missed anything please let me know.

Side Notes
For those wondering the chimney does smoke when the fireplace is lit, though the chimney itself is fake (because EA's chimneys are ugly and can't be recoloured)! It's a 1x1 box built from the roof level up with the top of the original chimney to provide the smoke effects (required some CFE and MoveObjects to get placement right), and the chimney running up the outside wall is also fake! It's really just a few carefully textured and placed Buy Mode objects to give the wall an illusion of chimney.

The stable on the left side of the house is actually the perfect size to hold 3 bike / scooter stands should you wish to put in some thoroughbred 2 wheeled transportation .

Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price: See info

Additional Credits:
Thanks to HP for putting together such an awesome contest, the contestants for setting the bar so high with each round's entries and the judges for having the arduous task of actually picking out the best ones!