Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

The Empire Ballroom - Dance Hall

SCREENSHOTS
4,284 Downloads 306 Thanks  Thanks 36 Favourited 30,596 Views
Uploaded: 30th May 2012 at 3:38 PM
Updated: 8th Dec 2013 at 11:38 PM by Fergus' Mind
For me, this lot has been very much inspired by a recent interest in Art Deco and the Roaring 20s, especialy in England, another key inspiration for this lot came from a song called "Barrowland Ballroom",which is about The Barrowland Ballroom in Glasgow, Scotland, the song is by one of my favourite singers; Amy Macdonald, which can be found here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVvC...feature=related

But anyway, the Empire Ballroom stands proud in any community, although in it's hey-day would have be condemned by the Dance Halls act in Catholic Ireland. I originally built it in Bridgeport, but have found it looks equally at home in Riverview on the lot originally inhabbited by th "Mini Manor".It is capable of working as many kinds of community lots, but I have chosen to set it as a 'Dance Hall'. Your sims don't have to dance, instead they can play shuffleboard or go skinny dipping in the hot tubs on the roof terrace, just watch out for other sims hiding their clothes!

Inside the ballroom on the ground floor you sims will find the ballroom itself open to the floor above, a couple of bars, toilets and the kitchen.On the floor above your sims will find the shuffleboard, maintenance room, dressing room and minstrel's balcony above the dancehall bar. Should your sims dare to venture below the groundfloor they will find an underground carpark among other surprises which lay buried below the cheerful and aged exterior of the ballroom.

The lot is set as a 'Dance Club' and so to be placed, an empty community lot would have to be set as a 'Dance Club', the lot is 30 by 30 in size and costs 248,522 simoleons furnished and 142,509 un-furnished. I hope your sims will enjoy it as much as mine do.

Have Fun!

Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price: 248,522 Simoleons