Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Update/Fix: Portable Washing Bowl

SCREENSHOTS
27,449 Downloads 760 Thanks  Thanks 158 Favourited 53,134 Views
Uploaded: 11th Apr 2015 at 3:28 AM
Updated: 1st Oct 2015 at 4:39 PM
A washing bowl that provides basic hygiene functions ‒ you can’t do anything fancy with it, but on the upside it’s cheap and won’t break.

Update/Fix 2015-06-23: Please redownload! It turned out there was a resource missing from the object which made it nonfunctional in 1.8 or later games. Compatibility is unchanged, it should still work fine for earlier games too. The previously missing non-English strings are now also included, and I made it portable as well while I was at it. Thanks to mitchellcjs for the thorough bug report =)

Please note: There’s reports that one should turn off the in-game "Auto Counter" feature before placing this, see comments. I keep forgetting to look into that because I never use that feature ..

All of the upgrading options are removed (it’s not supposed to be as shiny as an actual sink), as well as the faucet effect and sound ‒ the splashing water sound is still there though. Note that just like real sinks it will become nonfunctional when there is no water on the lot, for obvious reasons (it’s an *empty* bowl after all). Also, the dishwashing options are *not* removed ‒ they’re just not on the screenshots because the sims didn’t have any dishes to do when I took them.

The animations are the same as on regular sinks and seem to be working just fine for this, provided it sits at about the right height (end tables, tables and desks are fine to put it on ‒ finally a good use for all those fancypants marble-topped end tables ‒; dressers for example are too high (sims’ hands wil clip through the side when they use it)). See the screenshots for some examples.

Available with all of the other sinks in three colour variants for the low, low price of only 45§.

Polygon Counts:
High Poly: 166V/226F
Mid Poly: 134V/194F
Low Poly: 106V/114F
Sun Shadow: 81V/64F

blender, Milkshape/TSRW, s4pe, Paint.net