Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Old L.A.: vintage diners

SCREENSHOTS
8,449 Downloads 230 Thanks  Thanks 80 Favourited 26,137 Views
Uploaded: 31st Jan 2016 at 10:16 AM
Updated: 30th Apr 2020 at 10:03 PM by Floraflora2
Although these two diners has been created with Roaring Heights in mind - or any other vintage style neighborhood-, only one of them, the Cherry Pan Diner needs Roaring Heights installed; the Reggie's Diner should entirely work without it. I have met both buildings in the game LA Noire, in an 1947 version of Los Angeles. The exteriors are kind of recreations (more or less), but the interiors are put together by me, though heavily influenced by all the interior elements I have seen all over in-game.

The Cherry Pan Diner - Coffeehouse (Showtime EP venue)

The name is a respectful reference to the Apple Pan Diner which is perhaps the oldest working diner in Los Angeles today, opened in 1947. I admit that it doesn't sound very authentic if a diner has a showtime stage, but I needed a Showtime venue in my Roaring Heights (this city is full of wannabe starlets). So the diner has not only a coffee bar (University EP) with a jukebox, shuffleboard table and books, but a separate room with stage for beginner starlets (from level 3). PLAYTEST: the venue will generate a Proprietor and a Barista. Opening hours: 6.00 AM - midnight. It can take more than two sim-weeks until the first SimFest announced, but an active performer sim can play a gig on the first or second day if the Proprietor agrees.
EA world Roaring Heights (standard) installed is a must for this download.

Lot size: 30 x 30
Furnished: 80,953
Unfurnished: 42,057

Reggie's Diner - Java Hut (University Life EP)

The Reggie's is a café chain in-game with an interior very similar to mine. It looks like a predecessor of the fast food joints of our times. Jukebox/dance, shuffleboard table, chess table, books, hopscotch, photo booth, espresso machine and ice cream are offered. PLAYTEST: the lot generates a Barista and attracts much higher traffic than the Coffeehouse venue. Opening hours: 5.00 AM - 1.00 AM. Although it's created for the beach-side promenade in Roaring Heights, I didn't use objects from that world on this lot, so it should work without RH.

Lot size: 20 x 30
Furnished: 67,108
Unfurnished: 40,158

No CC, no Stuff Packs, no spawners on either lots. Both diners requires the following EPs: World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Generations, Seasons, Showtime, University Life, Island Paradise. AND the Cherry Pan Diner needs Roaring Heights installed.

Lot Size: 30x30
Lot Price (furnished): 80,953
Lot Price (unfurnished): 42,057

Additional Credits:
To Rockstar Games + Team Bondi for the wonderful art design of LA Noire.