Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

The Historical Von-Windenburg Estate - over 1,000,000 Simoleons! [No CC]

SCREENSHOTS
5,330 Downloads 64 Thanks  Thanks 28 Favourited 15,704 Views
Uploaded: 8th Jun 2016 at 12:55 AM
Updated: 8th Jun 2016 at 2:16 PM
The Von-Windenburg Estate has seen numerous renovations and rebuilds throughout the centuries of its standing. It's history is long, and entertaining.

Built before the First War of Simish Succession, it is rumored that beneath the house is a series of tunnels that serve as an escape rout should monarchist soldiers take the island. This never happened, of course, but the original occupants fled none the less once the Grand Duchy of Windenburg was established. Several families occupied the lot, but none seemed to stay. After the Second War of Simish Succession, in which the Grand Duchy of Windenburg was incorporated into the Simish Republic, the manor was purchased by staunch republican Charles H. Hamilton, who soon remarried, this time to the famous Dagmar who would go down in Windenburg's history and who personally designed the current manor (click her name to view a brief pdf document about her extraordinary life).

After her death, the house was willed to her nephew, Robert Louis Billiard, the only asset he received from his aunt, who, by her marriage, was once the richest woman in the world. Unable to maintain it, the house fell into ruin, and caught fire toward the end of Robert's life. After his death, the home fell to his grandson, Leon Billiard. After marrying into considerable wealth, he used that money to remodel the home. The fire damaged a great deal of it,mostly the third floor and the facade, so he installed more modern themes in the formally burnt places. He also had the home wired for electricity, plumbing, and central air, upgrading appliances and bathrooms as well. After the renovations, the house was listed on the market for 1,500,000 Simoleons! Of course, it will be considerable less if you choose to furnish it yourself. As for the matter of the supposed secret tunnels, Mr. Billiard never found any.

The manor supports breath taking views of the Port of Windenburg, constructed by the aforementioned Dagmar, beautiful gardens, plenty of room for entertainment, with a well balanced mix of traditional styles and modern designs, perfect for the wealthy Sim looking to live in a house with more than a little history.

Tl;Dr: Historical house. And expensive.

Hey guys! My second upload ever. Why did I take so long to upload again you ask? College, that's why. But it's summer now so I'm free! Although not really because I'm taking 9 credit hours this summer, the PRAXIS and GRE exams, preparing for student teaching next year...yikes. Anyway, I spent a ton of time on this house, and while it may not be to your taste (which is totally cool) feel free to download it and edit it as you please. No CC was used, but remember to use bb.moveobjects BEFORE placing! If you have an questions or issues, feel free to ask.

Happy days, and happy Simming!

Lot Size: 64x64
Lot Price (furnished): 1,500,000
Lot Price (unfurnished): ...it's a surprise?

Additional Credits:
My Princess, Sophie, who in these last months of her life has been the best companion anyone could hope for, and whose constant woofing I shall miss more than anything. This one goes to you, Brown.