Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Vintage rentals for Roaring Heights

SCREENSHOTS
5,871 Downloads 200 Thanks  Thanks 70 Favourited 28,772 Views
Uploaded: 1st Sep 2016 at 10:58 PM
I upload these Late Night EP-type apartment buildings for those who would like an alternative for the default Roaring Heights "faux skycrapers" as a form of urban living. Personally I didn't really like them from the start, so I bulldozed them and had built these apartments instead - the bigger version for wealthier families, and the smaller one for starter households. The exterior of the building is based on one that I had seen in the PC game LA Noire - it's a decent-looking art deco building looking like an apartment house, not as colorful and shiny as the Miami-style ones in Roaring Heights, just plain and simple for those L.A. / Hollywood folks who work in the nearest bistro, book shop or gas station.

Although the art deco style suggests that it must have been built in the '20s or '30s, I decided to furnish the bigger one by the latest '40s interior fashion: lots of linoleum, bold color matchings, statement curtains with large scale patterns, breakfast nook-style dining. All the colors, textures, fabrics and arrangements are influenced by home magazine illustrations from the late '40s. Personally, '40s home design is not my favorite style but I love the genre of "noir" - and it's been interesting to discover how colorful the real-life environment was in that period of classic black-and white film noir movies.

Paradise Fields Rentals no. 40:
Fully furnished for a well-to-do household of 4-5 members: 3 bedrooms (one of them left unfurnished) including the kids' room, 2 bathrooms, living room and study. There are no modern equipments like television, trash compactor or laptop, but there is enough room for them if you want to place them. A tiny public tropical garden can be found at the back of the building to emphasize the Los Angeles-ambiance.
Lot size: 40 x 40
Furnished: 65,898
Unfurnished: 14,189

Paradise Fields Rentals no 25:
A starter, smaller version of the original building, for the more budget-oriented sims, fixtures only, 1 bedroom, 1 bath. The wallpapers, colors and the design is not as fancy and trendy as the other one's; it looks like it's originated from an earlier, '30s period.
Lot size: 25 x 25
Furnished: 15,755
Unfurnished: 5,735

Both lots are playtested, Late Night EP-type apartments with darkened NPC units. I used many build/buy elements from the Roaring Heights Store pack so Roaring Heights (standard version) installed is a must for this download. The following EPs are also necessary: World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Generations, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise. NO CC or Stuff Packs were used (the vintage car on one of the pictures is not part of the download).

Lot Size: 40x40
Lot Price (furnished): 65,898
Lot Price (unfurnished): 14,189

Additional Credits:
- to Rockstar Games and Team Bondi for the exterior building design (LA Noire)