Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

The Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, Dresden - Major Update!

SCREENSHOTS
12,407 Downloads 179 Thanks  Thanks 81 Favourited 45,924 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 15th Jul 2017 at 6:25 PM
Updated: 4th Aug 2017 at 5:56 PM - Major Update
Major Update
Thank you for over 1.000 downloads! To celebrate I created a little presentation video with some extra information about the lot and the creation process. Please watch it > here < and let me know, what you think.

Also I revisited this lot and made some major and minor changes. Please redownload!

- The spire was reedited to be closer to the original.
- A bug with the bathrooms was solved.
- The lot was cleaned from some forgotten objects.
- Some objects should now appear where they are supposed to be.
- Added extra lighting.

Again thank you for all the positive comments. This made me very happy!

-------
Caution: Lots of stuff to read ahead! Be patient and you will be rewarded. Not interested? Skip to this bunny instead ->

Introduction
The Catholic Church of the Royal Court of Saxony or nowadays known as the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity is a late baroque building located in Dresden, Germany. It features one iconic and architecture in its shape and design and is also a landmark for the history of Saxony.

When the Elector of Saxony Augustus III wanted to become king of Poland he had to convert to the catholic faith, which was regarded a scandal in the mostly protestant Saxony. When he was baptized he also had to build a catholic church for the Royal Court, a matter so delicate that in planning it was only referred to as the "big building between the castle and the bridge". Since members of the catholic faith were not allowed to show their believe in public, the church includes an inner walkway for processions and a bridge leading towards the castle, so the king could enter the church unseen.

The Cathedral was badly damaged in the bombings on the 13th February 1945, but miraculously the elegant and fragile spire stood nearly unharmed. The renovated church now is one of the most iconic sights of the city.

The recreation
I tried to come as close to the real building as possible by using the original plans. Of course given the limited possibilities there were some sacrifices to be made, but I am overall very happy with the outcome. To give the building more purpose than just to look pretty I added a mansion with enough space and equipment for big social events and a cemetery with over seventy unique graves.

Cathedral
The main building includes two side-aisles, four small chapels and the three story tall nave, which - and this is quite usual for most church buildings - is not directly connected to the spire. There are over hundred seats available and many details to make this a believable church. It even features two confessionals and a sacristy.

Much of cheat-magic was used to make this possible, but not all edges came out smoothly. The complicated roof does not look as pretty as I would like it to, the lighting is a bit off and I used some extra light sources to achieve a natural look, but it still seems quite dark. So beware if you try to change something and save regularly. Also this building might be heavy on your gaming performance.

Mansion
The Dresden Castle did not fit on the lot so I came up with a decently sized mansion coming with all you need for proper weddings, christenings and funerals. It includes a great entrance hall, a kitchen and a dining room. If your sims get worn out there is also a smaller drawing room upstairs to make oneself comfy.

Cemetery
Much thought and work went into the cemetery. There are now more than seventy individually designed graves and I paid much attention to that objects to not repeat themselves to often. The outcome is quite beautiful in my opinion and really feels like a place of silence and remembering.

Each grave was created so that one might get an impression of the person lying there, some were even created with real people in mind, to give them a kind of mental resting place (if you are now wondering about my mental health: I might be fine, thank you!).

You reached the bunny!

Details
Lot type: Community
Lot size: 60 x 60
Lot price furnished: 747.263
Lot price unfurnished: 367.170 (not recommended!)

A word of caution
Better donĀ“t touch to much of the original structure. Some walls, floors, etc. may cause bugs if removed. The MOO cheat was used quite a lot, so better be careful with your changes and save regularly. When playing with the lot I did not witness any mayor issues though.

Two words of request
Please do not share this building or any further creations based on this building without crediting me and linking towards this entry.

The original building features a ten meter tall > painting by Anton Raphael Mengs < which is the highlight of the cathedrals interior. If you feel able to recreate that as an ingame object please contact me. I would be very grateful!

Thanks for your appreciation and time! Now go ahead and enjoy.

Lot Size: 60x60
Lot Price (furnished): 747263
Lot Price (unfurnished): 367170