Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Small Round Empire Window FIX

SCREENSHOTS
1,021 Downloads 84 Thanks  Thanks 17 Favourited 6,576 Views
Uploaded: 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:27 PM
Updated: 24th Feb 2018 at 1:30 AM - Added a link, for more options.
This is another one of these fixes you didn't even know you needed, until you see it.

This is a global mod, and will replace the Small Round Empire Window Diagonal...window version.
EAxis did this one, backwards.
They used the same wall mask for their diagonal, and for their straight version, but they used different meshes...
You would normally do the opposite, you would use the same meshes, but edit the wall mask to fit a diagonal wall.
So in your game right now, the diagonal looks like this :

It has been fixed.
I fixed the wall mask, and replaced the diagonal meshes with the straight ones, into the diagonal gmdc's.
Now it looks like this :

The package contains the new wall masks images, their txmt's and both diagonal meshes.
You must have Mansion & Garden installed, because if you don't, then you won't need this fix, you don't have the window!

Polycount:
windowSmallRoundEmpireDiagonal_windowframe_n_gmdc : 672 same as Maxis Straight, because it is.
windowSmallRoundEmpireDiagonal_windowframe_s_gmdc : 386 same as maxis Straight, because it is.

Place this little 43kb package into your Downloads folder, and make it all better.
After mine was posted, I learned that HugeLunatic also saw this and fixed it.
HL fix can be found here
She fixed the lighting, which I didn't. Now you have more options, choose one.

Additional Credits:
SimPE, PaintShop Pro, MilkShape 3D, MTS and Simsample to confirm that the same thing was happening in her game.