Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

SUD Housing Project ~ low rent apartments for 1 - 4 sims. Minimal CC.

SCREENSHOTS
1,086 Downloads 69 Thanks  Thanks 16 Favourited 27,141 Views
Uploaded: 20th Aug 2018 at 7:01 PM
SUD Housing Project

If anyone has NOT been following along on Gummilutt's Apartment Mania contest, you should go check it out! I am one of the Judges - and let me tell you, that's a very difficult job there are some absolutely amazing builders competing! After judging round #2 - the "cheap living" round, I was so inspired I just had to try my hand at it. It's not as easy as one would expect - to make a livable place for 2 roommates, with enough space to maneuver without too many stompies, and yet be something close to what we'd expect to see in Real Life - all for less than $1000 rent. I wanted to do it CC free, but found there was NO way to get the rent low enough without using Marvine's ladder (included) instead of any of the in-game stairs. Well, that, and I really wanted a "loft", I suppose if I threw out the loft idea, a single story could have been cheaper. But, that's not what I wanted! So, anyway, here you go...

Please scroll through all the pictures above, to see everything this lot has to offer. There are 7 apartment units - 4 units are designed for singles/roommates at around $949 in rent, and 3 units are built for families of up to four sims at around $1700 in rent. There are a LOT of amenities included on the lot - even cars, if you place them. NOTE: Cars do not come with the lot, you will have to visit the property before anyone moves in and add them yourself. All common area items (including the cars) are available for any sim to use. And I must say - the pool and poker tables are always busy! The landlord loves the picnic area for his pizza parties, and my test sims, Jodie and Jason Larson, got a lot of use out of the computers in the laundry/game room. I must mention the booth/tables in the family units - they are quite fiddly! *grrrrr* Feel free to replace them with a regular table/chairs.

FYI - Jodie has moved out... She got married. Yup! She is now Mrs. Jodie Landgraab! Malcolm was jogging by one day and caught her eye. Money is no longer a worry for her, the warehouse has been snatched and renovations are under way. Soon she'll be Dr. Jodie Landgraab, in private practice.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This is a clean copy if the lot - no Sim has set foot in it. The package has been cleaned with both Mootilda's Clean Installer and Chris Hatch's Lot Compressor (read about it HERE ) and then double checked with SimPE - it's as squeaky as they come!

Necessary, and NOT included - GO get them:
I used both the pool table and karaoke machine from the Lifestyle Buy Bundle; either get it here or Shasta's fixed version here
Lifestyle Build Bundle - It's the second link in the top post - extracted from Lifestyle Stories by Argon @ MATY. I used wallpapers and floors from this set.
Invisible Driveway by SophieDavid @ MTS2
The Beige/Brown Glass Stair recolor by Numenor @ MTS2
SEP - Slot Enable Package by Numenor @ MTS2 - which allows nukers and other things to work on corner counters.
You will also need: Anoeska's MMF AL Spiral Stairs in your game. These are mirrored versions of the Maxis Spiral stairs, and they include a change which allows sims to walk under all the spiral stairs - which is necessary to access things in the basement areas. (NOTE: in future builds I will be using Nopke's Go Under Spiral Stairs mod. But it wasn't released until after I had already packaged this lot.)

FYI: Standard mods/programs I use whilst building/photo-ing/prepping a TS2 lot for upload...
- Moi's Roof Shader for brighter roofs
- Maranatah's White Wall Top texture replacement
- Moo's Turn On/Off Lights
- Menaceman's Lunatech Lighting Fix
- BeosBoxBoy's no-red-pause-mod
- FRAPs to take in-game pictures, and PhotoShop to clean/collage said pictures.
And, I highly recommend using gummilutt's Invisible Medicine Cabinet to add features to any mirror - as per her policy, it's not used or included in this lot.

Lot Size: 4x5
Lot Price (furnished): $949 - $1700

Custom Content Included:
- Counter-dummy by Honeywell @ MTS2
- Ladder-MESH by Marvine @ MTS2
- ModularGlassStairs by Numenor @ MTS2

Additional Credits:
Thank you EAxis for this wonderful game :D
And, MTS2 for this terrific website!