Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Farnsworth House No CC

SCREENSHOTS
1,924 Downloads 47 Thanks  Thanks 15 Favourited 7,135 Views
Uploaded: 19th Nov 2018 at 10:41 AM
Updated: 13th Dec 2018 at 12:06 AM
I have waited 4 long years to be able to build this lot .

Today I bring you Farnsworth House , the minimalist masterpiece by Mies van der Rohe .

Perfect for your sims that are just tired of clutter or desire a close connection with the great outdoors.

To build this house I started by lowering the ground level, deleting the first floor and re-leveling the lot so what you are looking at are second stories.

I wasn't sure how the new terrain tools would react but fortunately they didn't propel the second story upwards when I re-leveled. After some fiddling around i was able to connect the house to the terrace. For quite awhile the stairs were making a cut-out through the terrace but then somehow I got it in just the right position.

Also, I'm still not sure how I initially got the pillars in the right place, because later I tried to move them and they wouldn't readjust to the height. The real Farnsworth House is a bit longer than this version but I can live with it. I hope you can too because this would be a very hard lot to edit. I played it with two Sims and a dog and they and the welcome wagon were able to route with no problems. The pillars under the terrace are actually tiny, tiny dressers, LOL.

If you allow CC in your game I highly recommend replacing the windows with Mutske's SF Modular Windows . You will need the seamless left, right, and middle. They will give the house a much cleaner appearance.

I used Spa Day for the doors and cabinets and City Living, Get Famous and Bowling Night for the other furnishings.

Lastly, a shout out to the other builders of Farnsworth House that have preceded me:
Sims 3
Sims 2

Lot Size: 30x20
Lot Price (furnished): 46700