Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Functional Dining Benches (Modular)

SCREENSHOTS
9,288 Downloads 228 Thanks  Thanks 55 Favourited 10,281 Views
Uploaded: 26th Jan 2020 at 5:37 PM
Something I've always wanted in my game was to be able to place a bench next to a dining table and have sims use it as they'd use chairs. Since I couldn't find anything similar I decided to do it myself. Behold:

Usable, modular dining benches - however, they're not a "true" modular object (like sectionals, counters, etc.) Those suck and we hate them. Ahem, moving on - they come in three separate pieces, each showing up on their own in the catalog and functioning as a dining chair. They will snap to tables, desks and anything that uses regular dining chairs. They line up perfectly when placed next to each other and create a seamless object and texture. You can create a two, three, four or fourteen tiles long bench if that's what you need. Length is up to you entirely. (Although after a point it starts looking a bit ridiculous and like it would snap in the middle if you sat on it. But I'm not the bench police, so you do you.)

There are 3 different designs:
  • Minimal - has left, right and middle pieces. Left and Right have two recolorable channels, Middle has one.
  • Modern - has left and right pieces - use middle one from the Minimal set. Left and Right have two recolorable channels.
  • Rustic - has left, right and middle pieces. Left and Right have three recolorable channels, Middle has two.

All pieces can be found in Comfort/Dining Chairs and cost $100.

All have 3 presets. First one has a custom wood pattern that you can change the color of, but doesn't look good with another pattern on top of said wood. Second and third ones are fully recolorable. The second has a 2; 2 tiling, the third - 4; 4.

And I think that is all - enjoy! Here are some test puddings putting them to good use, a.k.a. everything I could think of that can be done on a dining table:

Polygon Counts:
Minimal

Left:
high: 52v; 28f
med: 44v; 22f

Right:
high: 52v; 28f
med: 44v; 22f

Middle:
high: 32v; 18f
med: 24v; 12f

Modern