Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 11:38 AM
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Updated for Cats & Dogs] RelPrint Console Cheats: Sims relationships in exact numbers

by todoabout Posted 27th Sep 2015 at 7:15 PM - Updated 4th Jan 2018 at 8:38 PM by todoabout : a major update!
30 Comments / replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Jan 4, 2018: Version 2 of the mod!
  • Now compatible with overhauled relationship system of Cats & Dogs. Note: doesn't work with pre-Cats & Dogs versions of the game. Just use v2 for the updated game, or v1 for the old one.
  • Pets are counted, too! They only have friendship with people and not much else, so don't expect them to have romantic relationships with anyone or complex relationships with other pets.
  • Compatible with AOMs Selectable Pets Mod. A selected pet can initiate hhrelprint, although this way you'll only get numbers of friendly rels with people.
  • Fixed a bug when having a baby in the family, or having any Sim off the lot caused the cheat to halt abruptly and produce incomplete output. Now it shouldn't be a problem.
  • All commands work the same.
  • A little visual change: spaces instead of zeroes in certain places (say, if a relationship is 75, you'll get " 75" instead of "075"). Done to prevent some awkward output (like "0-8" for -8).
Thanks to ohmysims, willisgotgame, Emzydalsvida, Dion and anyone who was waiting for this update. Thanks to everyone who uses the mod. Happy Simming!

Ever had the same problem as poor Rose here?
Then maybe I have a solution for you!
Problem Description

Overview and Usage
RelPrint Console Cheats is a small mod which allows you to get Sims relationships represented in exact numbers. It adds two console cheats to the game, Relationship Print (relprint) and Household Relationship Print (hhrelprint). Using these, you can print out the needed information in the console.
  • relprint {Sim1} {Sim2} {f|r|b}
Use Relationship Print cheat if you want to know relationship score between two Sims in the world.

In the cheat console, type relprint, names of two Sims in question and the toggle. The toggle specifies which type of relationship you want to display: type f for (F)riendship, r for (R)omance, or b for (B)oth.

Example: relprint Pete Tyler Jackie Tyler r

Here's what you should get:

Also, the cheat will warn you if you input incorrect name or toggle. (No Harold Saxon? Oh, right... that year never was).
  • hhrelprint {r}
Household Relationship Print cheat is a bit more specific. It displays relationship scores between the active (currently selected) Sim and every other Sim in their active (currently played) household, sorted by the value of that score.

It's easier to show you:

By default, Sims are sorted by their Friendship score towards the active Sim. If you want to sort them by the Romance score, type hhrelprint r instead of hhrelprint.

This cheat has some issues you should be aware of to use it correctly (see "Known Issues" below).
Known Issues
Relationship Print cheat:
  • If Sim's name has a space in it (e.g. Carole Ann Ford), use double quotation marks around it:
    relprint "Carole Ann" Ford Bill Hartnell f
  • If there are more than one Sim with the exact same name in the world, information regarding only one of them will be displayed. Be careful!
HouseHold Relationship Print cheat:
  • Use the version 1 mod only while the home lot is loaded and every Sim in the family is at home.
    If Sim goes to work or to another lot, the game somehow doesn't count them as a part of active family, which causes the cheat to produce incomplete and/or incorrect output. (You can tell the cheat has worked correctly if it had printed the line after all the characters were scored. If the work of the cheat has stopped abruptly, there won't be the line).
    Given as this is the bizzare game mechanics and not the mod's fault, I don't suppose this issue will ever be fixed. So just use the mod when everyone is at home. This issue is fixed in version 2, by happy accident.
  • Use it in a household of at least two Sims. (Makes sense, otherwise there'll be no one to compare relationships with).
  • The Sims 4 uses non-fixed width font in the console. Which means the columns of numbers would inevitably be a bit wonky-looking. Sorry about that.
Technical Info
  • This is a script mod. To use it, you have to enable script mods in your game first: Game Options > Other > Script Mods: (toggle on). After that, place the downloaded zip file (without unzipping it!) in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods directory.
  • The mod was built and tested with game version 1.10.57.1020. It's expected, however, to work with any pre-Cats & Dogs version of the game.
    Version 2 was built and tested with game version 1.36.104.1020, supposed to work with any post-Cats & Dogs version of the game.
  • The mod doesn't override or affect any game resources, so it probably shouldn't conflict with other mods. It also doesn't write any values in game files or saves, so it's unlikely to corrupt your game. Still, use cautiously and contact me if you encounter anything out of ordinary.
  • The cheats don't require "enabling testing cheats" first.
  • For those interested, source code for the script is included in zip archive.

* Note: The Doctor and Rose Tyler are not included.

Additional Credits:

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
relprint_console.zip | Description: Version 1, works before Cats-n-Dogs 4.4 KB 2,769 27th Sep 2015
relprint_console_v2.zip | Description: Version 2, updated for Cats-n-Dogs 4.7 KB 50 4th Jan 2018
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
No Extraction Required (Script Mods):
1. Cut and paste the .zip file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Script mods need to be placed directly in \Mods or one level below that (e.g. \Mods\Scripts) sub-folders nested any deeper wont work.
Extraction Required (Everything Else):
1. Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
2. Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled

Page 2 of 2
30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 1:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivix16
Will you make this for pc I need for reality games in Sims 4

This is for pc, I use it on my computer for sims 4 It's really helpful! It isn't quite yet updated for the new Cats and Dogs update yet, though!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 8:40 PM
Cats and Dogs, anyone? The mod is finally updated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:24 PM
Thank you for updating this. I use this heavily for my Big Brother game.
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 11:54 PM
Yay! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 11:30 AM
Thank you so much for finding a way to bring this mod to us again, I bookmarked this page to make sure I didn't miss it! Love the pictures too :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:25 AM
thank you so so much for updating, you are the best!
Page 2 of 2