Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Fruit of life - Graduate instantly plus more (universal edition now available)

SCREENSHOTS
13,208 Downloads 830 Thanks  Thanks 100 Favourited 123,284 Views
Uploaded: 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:28 PM
Updated: 10th Jan 2007 at 10:38 AM
I wrote up a whole article on this but it got lost because i forgot to fill in some fields and when I clicked back, my text was gone. so now i have to rewrite. Anyway, this is kinda a pre-release, I need feedback on this to improve it and add more options. Here's what it does so far:

GRADUATE INSTANTLY

This has been requested but never actually done. Whilst there are processes that speed up uni, this one actually lets you graduate with all the memories from the semester you choose to graduate from and all the wants and perks of completing uni such as want unlocks. If you're in semester 3, you won't get memory and want of semester 2 because you'll already have it.

You don't have to be in uni to graduate. You can graduate straight from home (only if you haven't completed a course) and you'll get all the memory, wants and perks. However, if you graduate from home, be sure to set the honors and major othewise you'll have no honors in philosophy by default.

Vacation time Payout

Don't you hate it when your sim is an elder waiting to retire (or die) but he/she can't because they need to use up that vacation time? Well, now they can. And the money contributes towards their wealth memory/wants.

Get any Job and be qualified too

A fresh sim can choose a random job or you can prime the job level and then choose any career package in your game. Note only will you get the job, but you'll also get the skill points required for that job. Skills points only go up, you will not lose skill points if you are over qualified. You do not however, get friends - you have to make them yourself.

To get a job in a chosen field, you need to first prime your level. Choose from levels 1-10 and then you will receive that job level.

Choose Time

You can choose the hour on a 24hr scale with 0 being midnight and 23 being 11pm. This only changes the hour not the minutes so if you want to go to work, set it the hour before the carpool.

Choose Day

Yes, it has been done before but what time adjuster is complete without an option to choose the day.

Get copy of Diploma

Lost your diploma or one of maxis' infamous bugs have dealt damage to it claiming it belongs to somebody else who hasn't even been to uni? Well, never fear because you can get a copy straight into your inventory. Because this goes into your inventory, you need NL or later for this option.

KNOWN ISSUES

Major: Make sure you choose major when you are doing nothing not even sitting. Because you will pop out of your chair - I mean in game . And it is temperamental so you may have to click on major more than once.

Honors: Honor memories don't act like they should. If you graduate summa/magma cum laude you will get a memory of graduating cum laude and no honors memory of graduating cum laude.

COMPATIBILITY

Uni and NL are required for the uni options. The rest "should" work with the base game. On that note, I haven't yet gotten around too - or know how but will figure out - how to disable the option so that it doesn't allow you to choose the graduate without the uni pack. So please, if you don't have the uni pack, don't choose this option. In fact, better to use this only if you have uni and NL (and any other expansion).

I have all the expansions so can vouch for it working with all.

PLEASE NOTE: Thanks to user feedback, I found out that it seems to crash on the loading screen without pets. I'll be looking to try and figure out the problem, but in the mean time, could those who have had success tell me what expansions they have? I'm not sure if you need OFB as well so I'm just ticking all as of now...

EDIT 20061202: I'm adding a unversal version as well; it should fix the problems but I'll leave the other one up there in the meantime just on the side of caution.

20061207: Thankyou Motherspet for your patience in testing this for me. As a result I've added in some extra features you've requested. Firstly, I've made this cost $1 under both decorations and miscellaneous for easy to find access. Secondly, I added the ability to choose all majors as well as from the major menu. This way you can choose your custom majors.

One thing not requested that I've added is a dialogue asking if you want to quit your current job when you select a new one. And as a thankyou for testing this, I'm throwing in a replacement diploma. Now it doesn't look any different but but it does do is tells you what major you studied. So it will no longer say undeclared for custom majors when viewed.

Make sure you remove the previous versions of this fruitbowl before installing this one.

EDIT: fruitoflifeV3 resolves the issue where sims would use it autonomously. Please test this out and tell me if there is any hicups with it. I should be able to delete the other versions with some feedback...