Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

"Velvet Curtains" Series - Gerdundula Drive

SCREENSHOTS
523 Downloads 131 Thanks  Thanks 8 Favourited 11,888 Views
Uploaded: 24th Jul 2009 at 10:31 PM
"Velvet Curtains" Series
This is a series of larger more lavish houses compared to my others. While I wouldn't personally call them mansions because I don't really think they're big enough to qualify as I probably won't be building them on the biggest lots, they should be fairly big though and around the $100k-200k price range.

Gerdundula Drive
Where "''Auntie Nellie"'' sits, "''In My Chair"'', looking at "''Pictures of Matchstick Men"''! Created by Feldynn @ MTS, please DO NOT reupload to The Exchange.

Rooms
4 Bedrooms (1 nursery)
3 Bathrooms (1 ensuite to masterbed but not private)
Kitchen / dining room
Livingroom
Sunken entrance area
Deck with BBQ grill facility
Pool

Lot Size: 30x30
Lot Price: $112,311 (F) / $56,707 (Unf)

Side Notes
This is the 5th house (I think) in this series, I really have no clue what style of house this would be because I mixed and matched a bit.. it's partly an older style (possibly victorian or something) but has a couple of modern roof ideas I tried to sneak in, and the tiled pool and wotnot. Anyways it has 4 bedrooms, one of which is a nursery and another is a master bedroom with a connecting door to one of the bathrooms.

I did have some interesting times with the sunken entrance way, at first the front door was bugged (due to being in a half CFE'd room) so you couldn't use the "set as front door" interaction but I managed to fudge that by building a little room around the door and used "MoveObjects On" to place the archway thus making the front door interaction available again.

Testing
Have done some basic testing, everything seems in order so far as I could see, the whole front door / archway entrance does work going in both directions and the "set as front door" interaction works too. If anyone finds any issues please let me know and I'll try to correct them as promptly as possible.

Additional Credits:
A quick shoutout to Deluxe Designs @ TheSimSupply.com for his video tutorial "Building a Better House", gave me a few ideas to mash together with ideas / styles from other lots I've built . Thanks!

Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price: $112,311