Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Retro Dragonfly Wall & Floor Set

SCREENSHOTS
3,474 Downloads 180 Thanks  Thanks 6 Favourited 13,345 Views
Uploaded: 29th Oct 2010 at 1:46 PM
Updated: 30th Oct 2010 at 10:47 PM
EDIT 10/30/10: By request, and because I totally skipped over yellow in the color spectrum, I added a yellow set, a full-wallpaper wall, a border wall, and a carpet, in bright yellow. I can't add any more pics to this post, so here is an off-site link to a not-in-game pic of the yellow border wall, just so you can see what it looks like and then decide if you want it, too.

In real life, my obsession with dragonflies is well known amongst my friends and family. Every room of my home has at least a dozen different pieces of dragonfly decor in it, from very obvious to very subtle, and I wear at least one piece of dragonfly jewelry every day. So, since I've gotten into creating stuff for Sims, I've decided that I want my Sims to have dragonfly decor, too, eventually something for every room of the house. I might even try my hand at meshing some stuff, eventually. *gulp*

But I've started with easy: Wallpapers. This set is a fun, (very) bright, retro kind of set, complete with hippie flowers and op-art dots. I scanned the design from a greeting card that someone gave me years ago and that I kept because it had dragonflies on it, and then I futzed with the scan in Photoshop, totally abusing the Hue layer blend. *laughs* These are totally not my style, but I think they're fun for funky Sims purposes.

Anyway, the full-wall design comes in 10 colors, and each of those has a matching paint-with-wallpaper-border wall that tiles properly with the full wall and that picks up the lightest/brightest color in the wallpaper. (Except the brown, which picks up the background color of the wallpaper because I wanted one set that wasn't blazingly bright. *laughs*) And then, to keep with the "retro" theme, I also made shag carpets that match the border walls. Since some of them are really bright and possibly not at all for the faint of heart or people prone to seizures/migraines, I've also included a white carpet that will go with all of the walls, since they all have white hippie flowers in them. One of the attached pics has the white carpet in it. And speaking of which, these walls are also fun if you use them with white-painted wood floors in a tropical-style home or as accents in white-tiled bathrooms.

So, in all, the set includes 20 walls and 11 carpets. (Plus two more walls and one more carpet if you download the added yellow set.)

Here they be:

A couple of samples of the sets used in a room, with more attached below:

(And yes, I did put a desk in there just so that I could have that lava lamp in the pics. It was made by Astaroth600, is animated, and some of the many colors that it comes in happen to coordinate more or less perfectly with this set, although I didn't plan it that way! So if you download this, you should download the lava lamp, too, if you don't already have it. It's perfect in both style and color.)

As usual, all of the files in the download are compressed, and there is a collection file included for all 31 pieces.

If there are any other dragonfly lovers out there -- or even if you're not, really -- I hope you might enjoy these and any other dragonfly things to come.