Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Toddlers and (Optional!) Pets can Use Stereos

SCREENSHOTS
2,221 Downloads 116 Thanks  Thanks 32 Favourited 12,160 Views
Uploaded: 11th Jan 2014 at 4:35 PM
Updated: 4th Jul 2018 at 9:08 PM - Made Description Less Juvenile
I have a little toddler sim in quite a few of my save games, and found it quite annoying to be in my toddler's room with no choice but to control another sim to change the stereo. I also found it annoying to have a pet selected and realize my God-like stereo controlling powers were gone.

So, as with just about any problem you could ever have in The Sims 3, I found my answer through modding.

What is this mod?
This tuning mod increases the power of your already God-like stereo controlling powers by extending their reach to toddlers and pets.
You can now A.) Turn the stereo on and off, B.) Change the volume of the stereo, C.) Change the station the stereo is playing, and D.) Skip songs on the stereo using toddlers and pets.

Compatibility and Requirements
Update: 1/15/14: Based on what I've gathered from the change list and various websites, I do not believe that patch 1.66 will be a problem for this mod. However, if anyone finds otherwise, leave a comment and I'll look into it.
This mod was built and tested working on version 1.63. It might work on other versions, but I have not tested.

There are two versions of this mod:
1. A version that only allows toddlers to control the stereos. Use this version if you only have the base game, or simply don't want to be able to control the stereo using pets.
2. A version that allows both toddlers and pets to control the stereos. The Pets expansion pack is required for this version; use this version only if you have Pets.

This mod edits the following ITUN resources and will conflict with any other mods that do the same:
ChangeStation_Stereo, ChangeVolume_Stereo, SkipSong_Stereo, TurnOnOff_Stereo

Known Issue(s)
I originally intended for this mod to affect babies as well as toddlers (Hence the name of the package files), yet for some unexplained reason, the babies I have tested with refuse to use the stereo. I've tried everything, giving them candy, having them take a nap, they just won't do it.

Credits