Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Classy, Sassy, and Wacky Nails

SCREENSHOTS
5,270 Downloads 148 Thanks  Thanks 30 Favourited 17,127 Views
Uploaded: 26th Jul 2014 at 8:21 AM
Updated: 26th Jul 2014 at 4:17 PM - weird links
This set requires a mesh made by shadylady482. Get the mesh HERE to use these.

Another simple upload from me. This time, I had fun painting virtual dolls' nails, probably because mine are too bitten to be worth painting.

There are 38 colors in all. 20 of them are solid, ordinary colors (some muted, like I would use if I painted my nails, and others bold). The other 18 colors are based off of nails I saw on a quick Google search. Some are pretty extraordinary, in my opinion, such as the Rainbow Leopard nails, but no, although these were drawn by me, they are all based on actual nails. And evidently, named after real nail polishes. You can tell I invented the names for the reds and the 18 stylized nails, since they're a heck of a lot simpler. Speaking of naming them, all the files are contained in the RARs under the Download Tab. They're clearly named, so you can pick through what you want.

Since the solids are my favorite, here's a zoom-in of the lovely Urban Autumn. The texture isn't totally smooth, because I imagined these for average Jane sort of Sims, ones who didn't always take the time to lacquer their nails after painting them.

Since I forgot to uncheck boxes, these are available for both genders and ages child through elder. Whoops. Well, my Sim guys won't be tarting themselves up with these, but I'm too lazy to redo them.

Also, I'm offering two versions of these. One version is compatible with Base Game, since it leaves these nails binned as Glasses. The other version is updated for Bon Voyage, thanks to the Wardrobe Wrangler. I binned the jewelry versions as Left Pinky Ring, since those always look like they're severing my Simmies' pinkies anyway. Pick the folder suited to your game setup and preference, but remember, you need Bon Voyage to use the files binned as Jewelry. If you don't have the Jewelry bin from Bon Voyage, download the Base Game compatible Glasses version of these nails.

Since I forgot to add this before, these are not townified. It's very easy to townify them yourself, though.

Lastly, these DO have custom thumbnails. Take a look at my notes below, though, to see the errors with these.

Not Quite Right: Some of the colors look similar; while they're all different shades, they aren't all dramatically different from each other. Besides that, although they have custom thumbnails so as to be easily recognizable in CAS, those thumbnails look a bit strange. Honestly, I don't know what went wrong, since the PNGs were smooth and clean from stray pixels. Hopefully it doesn't bother anyone too much; it only affects the custom thumbnails, after all, not the actual accessory. The nails themselves look perfectly fine and smooth.

Also, on some Sims, the jewelry version will occasionally get "stuck", so they don't always wear the color you set them to have. For instance, my Sim may wear Urban Autumn for Everyday, but prefers Classic Red for Formal. Sometimes, she'll get stuck wearing her Urban Autumn nails for all her outfits. This is just a glitch I have found with all custom jewelry—not much I can do about it, sorry.

CC on Models:

GENETICS:

Skins are by me, unreleased but coming soon. Their eyes are my Simply Eyes, with spotlights found in that upload and in my DIY Eye Kit. The redhead, Nolynn, is seen doing her hair up in Cazy's My Will, retextured by me. The brunette teen, Kibalt, has wound her hair back in this cute bun style by Peggyzone. NOTE: Google Chrome has always given me problems when trying to load Peggyzone's site. Try using an alternate browser, if you're a Chrome user. And little child model, Alma, has these adorable Braids and Curls by Nouk. I may have retextured or tweaked them in the past, can't remember.

CLOTHES, ACCESSORIES, AND MAKEUP:

Nolynn (redhead adult, remember) is also wearing a custom dress by Skellington, found here, at her livejournal. She's also wearing VioletPadfoot's Lost and Found: Plumbob Earrings.

I think Nolynn is also wearing Bruno's False Eyelashes, recolored by me...maybe?

Besides that, they are all wearing makeup or facial effects by me, found in this layerable lip upload or "unbeauty" pack. Eyeshadow is by me, unreleased.

Additional Credits:
Of course, shadylady482, since she is the one who made the nail mesh and allowed others to recolor it. Thank you.

Eaxis, for the awesome Sims 2 and BodyShop. Live long and prosper, The Sims 2.
The Joneses, for SimPE.
DJFade, for The Compressorizer and for the Wardrobe Wrangler, which I used to upgrade these for Bon Voyage.
Corel Paintshop Pro X6.
Fraps. for making it easier to take screenshots.
Thanks to SnowStorm for their tutorial on how to make custom thumbnails for accessories. Sorry mine just look so messed up.