This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
*Compatible with the Pose List Feature of the Pose Player!*
This has been one of my long-term goals ever since I started posing. I wasn't sure how feasible it would be to create ballet poses, but I always wanted to try it out. After a LOT of false starts, errors, hair-pulling and what not, I bring you twenty-four ballet poses: 12 solo poses (8 "warmups" and 4 "dance") and 12 poses for two sims to partner with each other. Four of the "soloist" poses use the barre from the Store's "Dance Collection,"
and may not line up quite as well with a custom ballet barre.
The set is split up into "Soloist" and "Pas de Deux" packages, in case you only want the solo or partnered poses. There's also a package that contains all 24, of course!
Pose tags are as follows:
1. a_splad_ballet01 -- barre stretch
2. a_splad_ballet02 -- leg stretch (floor)
3. a_splad_ballet03 -- barre stretch en pointe
4. a_splad_ballet04 -- sitting on floor
5. a_splad_ballet05 -- floor stretch
6. a_splad_ballet06 -- floor stretch, holding feet
7. a_splad_ballet07 -- barre stretch
8. a_splad_ballet08 -- barre stretch in fourth position
9. a_splad_ballet15 -- leap
10. a_splad_ballet16 -- high arabesque
11. a_splad_ballet17 -- leap, legs together
12. a_splad_ballet18 -- en pointe
Prima--Pas de Deux
1. a_splad_ballet09 -- female pose, being dipped
2. a_splad_ballet09b -- male pose, dipping female sim
3. a_splad_ballet10 -- arabesque
4. a_splad_ballet10b -- chassť
5. a_splad_ballet11 -- jumping to the left
6. a_splad_ballet11b -- jumping straight up, feet together
7. a_splad_ballet12 -- female pose, swan dive
8. a_splad_ballet12b -- male pose, holding female sim
9. a_splad_ballet13 -- female pose, en pointe
10. a_splad_ballet13b -- male pose, hand-in-hand
11. a_splad_ballet14 -- female pose, being dipped
12. a_splad_ballet14b -- male pose, dipping female sim
You can use these poses with either gender sim. These poses do not automatically stretch the male sim to be taller, so if your sims are not the same height, you will need to use an OMSP to line them up correctly.
And as always, you will need to use "moveobjects on" to place your sims in position and they will tangle into a silly-looking mess when you are done. This is okay! Direct them to walk away from each other and all will be well.
Cmomoney for the incredible Pose Player
OrangeMittens for the excellent "Creating Your Own Custom Poses" tutorial
WesHowe for the AnimTool
Mesher for the AF/AM rigs
Inge Jones for S3PE
and everyone on Tumblr who took time to look, like, reblog and send messages of encouragement. Thank you! <3