Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Plumbots from TS3: 13 Parts to Mix + Match

by Esmeralda Posted 1st May 2015 at 8:51 PM - Updated 24th Jun 2018 at 10:41 AM by Esmeralda : Updated for Seasons

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 7:25 AM
so cool. wish TS4 kept the futureworld and robots. Was really fun in TS3.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 12:00 AM
This is amazing! Thank you :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:18 PM
Thanks so much! I was struggling to find one of these for a while now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:10 PM
It would be interesting if someone can make a new life state like other moders made with sorcerer, siren and fairy, and use these parts to make the robots xD and disable the bath like in sims 3, they only have 4 needs. It is a shame that I don't know how to mod. I don't know if this still works with the last patch but I will try. I love robots.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkuria
It would be interesting if someone can make a new life state like other moders made with sorcerer, siren and fairy, and use these parts to make the robots xD and disable the bath like in sims 3, they only have 4 needs. It is a shame that I don't know how to mod. I don't know if this still works with the last patch but I will try. I love robots.

Have you seen this mod? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=607603 . I haven't tried it yet myself (I will do when I get the time), but it uses these robot parts and makes them work more like a real robot, so it might be at least somewhat along the lines of what you want.

Hopefully EA will eventually add robots to TS4, but these parts and that mod are of course compatible with the base game (and/or Spa Day if you use the modder's Spa Day version of the mod). Her mod might also work with my Sims 2 Servo conversion and my S.A.M. headbot robots, for more robot variety. (Will try that too when I get the time!)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#56 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 9:47 PM
Thanks so much for this mod. Works great with no glitches even in dancing and none with the slow dancing mod. I've always wanted to do robot sims. Happy I am.
Test Subject
#57 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 1:38 AM
Ok, so this mod works, well, kind of, because I can't find the robot cosmetics anywhere, BUT I can find the personalities. Do any of you have a solution? By the way, I'm using Windows 8.1.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 10:55 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 6th Jan 2019 at 1:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Xenozam
Ok, so this mod works, well, kind of, because I can't find the robot cosmetics anywhere, BUT I can find the personalities. Do any of you have a solution? By the way, I'm using Windows 8.1.

Mod works fine, with Windows 8.1 and latest patch. Am not sure what you mean by robot cosmetics, do you mean the underlying 'bath skin' or the plumbot parts, or both? To reiterate what it says on the Description page: In CAS, the bath skin is found under Skin Details (click on the sim's face, then choose 'Skin Details' from the options that pop up to the right of the Face option). The plumbot parts are found under the Hairs, Tops and Bottoms categories in CAS. ETA: Also be sure to download the updates that replace the original tops and bottoms with ones that are enabled for Seasons.

This mod doesn't include any personalities, maybe you're thinking of the mod that adds robot personality traits? That's a separate mod from this one.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

My Fallout 4 creations: Nexus
More of my Fallout 4 items and some of my unreleased-on-MTS TS4 stuff are at my site, Colourful Commonwealth
Test Subject
#59 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 1:09 AM
Hey there, is there any chance you could update this mod so these parts can be used on Servos instead of regular sims? It would be greatly appreciated.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DelosTheRedShadow
Hey there, is there any chance you could update this mod so these parts can be used on Servos instead of regular sims? It would be greatly appreciated.

They can already be used like that:

1) I made two default-replacement sets that override some of the Servo 'recolour' options with Plumbot meshes. You can mix the Plumbot bots from both of those sets individually to get a varied set (although you won't be able to replace all 7 options with Plumbots from the two sets, only most of them, as some of the other options for those 'recolour' slots are non-Plumbot bots).
Lots of Bots: https://modthesims.info/d/636025/lo...-overrides.html
Lots More Bots: https://www.modthesims.info/d/63679...-overrides.html

2) Or use a mod that lets you dress Servos in any outfit (these Plumbot parts are simply 'clothing' and 'hairs', so they can be used with a mod that lets you edit your Servo in CAS) https://www.deviantart.com/gauntlet...stoms-821317032 . I think this mod here on MTS also lets you do that: https://www.modthesims.info/d/64051...zed-servos.html . I haven't tried either mod but you can give them a try.

It's better to use Lots of Bots and Lots More Bots if you want Plumbot-outfitted Servos, though, because in those, I remade their necks to be compatible with the Servo head hanging down when powered-down. If using the heads from this upload with a 'dress your Servo' mod, they will stay straight and detach from the body when they power-down.

My Fallout 4 creations: Nexus
More of my Fallout 4 items and some of my unreleased-on-MTS TS4 stuff are at my site, Colourful Commonwealth
Page 3 of 3