Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

No autonomous water wiggler for Servos

SCREENSHOTS
1,716 Downloads 117 Thanks  Thanks 22 Favourited 8,541 Views
Uploaded: 11th Jan 2016 at 12:57 AM
Updated: 16th Jan 2016 at 1:02 AM
Update: Discovered a conflict with a mod by twojeff. Look under Conflicts for details.

Have you ever had a Servo living on a lot with a water wiggler? Does your Servo have suicidal tendencies and break on a daily basis because it can't leave the water wiggler alone? Welcome to the life of my sim Jenny. She runs a kennel where she breeds dogs, and in order to make her life easier she has a water wiggler for the pets to clean themselves, and a Servo to keep the place clean. The only problem is that her Servo is the most suicidal Sim-being I've ever come across, and it has to be kept turned off to protect it from itself.

A while back I asked BoilingOil if he could make a no autonomy mod that only stops Servos. I knew how to completely turn off autonomy, but I didn't want to stop my Sim kids and pets from having water wiggler fun just because of one suicidal Servo, and that kind of fine-tuning was beyond my ability. I have since learned how to create conditional autonomy, and I figured I'd stop taking up BOs time and do it myself (Well... almost by myself )

What is this?
This is a global mod that prevents Servos from autonomously using the water wiggler interaction Play. They can watch others play, but they can't actually jump into the water and break themselves. You can still direct your Servo to play, if you for some reason want to get it wet so that it breaks, but it can't decide to do so on it's own.

Compatibility
Requires OFB, since both water wigglers and Servos came with OFB.

Several EPs after OFB made modifications to the water wiggler code, and in order for everyone to be able to use it regardless of setup I had to create three different versions. Which version you should use depends on what your latest EP is.

Is your latest EP OFB?
-> Use GummiluttServoNoAutonomousWaterWigglerOFB

Is your latest EP Pets?
-> Use GummiluttServoNoAutonomousWaterWigglerPets

Is your latest EP Seasons or higher?
-> Use GummiluttServoNoAutonomousWaterWigglerSeasonsToM&G
Works for everything from Seasons to Mansion & Gardens.

If you have a stuff pack that was released after your latest EP, you might need a different version than your EP suggests. See this list by twojeffs to figure out which one is the right one for you.

Conflicts
Does not conflict with buy-mode enabled water wigglers.

Conflicts with twojeffs No bogarting OFB toys that prevents teens, adults and elders from using the water wiggler autonomously. I have made a new version of my mod that disables autonomy for teens, adults and elders as well. Make mine load after twojeffs, and it will overwrite the part of his mod that deals with water wiggler.
(Note: I only made this for Seasons-M&G version. It is by far the most downloaded version, so I decided to only update that one for now. However, if you use one of the other versions and you'd like it to include teens-elders, please let me know and I will update your version as well)

No other conflicts that I know of. If you find one, please let me know.

Credits
BoilingOil who taught me how to check for autonomy, and who figured out how to make the Servo check work. Thank you! He has a bunch of mods that alter how Sims interact with their environment, so if you like this kind of this you should go check out his mods. You'll find them over at Leefish.