Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Decorative Book Collection

SCREENSHOTS
19,456 Downloads 565 Thanks  Thanks 148 Favourited 32,742 Views
Uploaded: 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:40 PM
Updated: 21st Jan 2020 at 11:02 PM - Added functionality.
Description
This is a functional decorative collection of four books that comes in 7 designs for you to place around your Sims' homes. I've had them sitting on my computer for ages and just hadn't got around to sharing them until now.

Info
These decorative books all use textures of actual books found in game. You'll have no more nondescript tomes sitting on your shelves from now on.
They come in seven designs and I have attempted to group them in a logical fashion.
You will find adult literature (not that kind), kids books, romance books, mischief related skill books, poetry, a general collection, and creative skill books.

They can be found under the Clutter section of the Decorative category and should also show in the Study room sort. They cost a grand total of 135 simoleons. These books don't come cheap.

The collection also functions as a bookcase allowing Sims to read from it and purchase new books just like with any regular bookcase.

Notes
You will have to use MOO in order to place these books on most wall shelves. The only shelves they will currently sit on without MOO are the Business career reward cabinet and the Outdoor Retreat craftable shelf. I tried to fix this but couldn't get it working.

Updated Jan-21-20
Added bookcase functionality to bring in line with recent changes made to similar objects in game by EA.

Polygon Counts:
LOD0 260

Additional Credits:
s4studio