Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

3-Tile Execudrone Desk (Unintentional Mod #3)

SCREENSHOTS
732 Downloads 70 Thanks  Thanks 9 Favourited 5,778 Views
Uploaded: 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:20 AM
I've been working on a couple of sets that seem to be getting further from uploadable instead of nearer , since I keep expanding them with new ideas and discoveries. As part of the process, experiments on various existing game objects have cluttered my hard drive with many Frankenstein-like meshes and recolors. While trying to clean it up a bit, I found that I just couldn't let go of a few of these half-finished projects and decided to finish them out so I could get my beak wet at uploading content. I'm calling these sentimental holdouts "Unintentional Mods".

This was another preliminary stage of the project that hopefully one day soon will be the "Maxwell Lord Desk". Basically, I cloned the Chiclettina Desk and stretched it to see if I could make it functional, solid, and adaptable in 3 tiles instead of 2. The rest of the project moves on, with extra slots and subsets and lights,etc... but I like how this "throwaway" intermediate version looks and works. So I put a new deco slot in, made sure it was recolorable, and gave it an unimaginative name, making it my third "unintentional" mod.

Some technical info:
cloned from Chiclettina Execudrone Desk(basegame), in-game price - 1200, all textures are Maxis, 1409 faces (polygons)

Known issues:
Computers only work in the center tile, for now.

Tools used:
SimPE, Blender 2.77, UVMapper Classic

Polygon Counts:
glass - 397
desktop - 414
base - 590
shadows - 8

Additional Credits:
MTS community (esp. Chris Hatch for much-needed desk slot advice)
Quaxi and others for SimPE Huge Lunatic - slot Tutorial