Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

First Class Books & Details

SCREENSHOTS
1,615 Downloads 122 Thanks  Thanks 24 Favourited 8,116 Views
Uploaded: 6th Sep 2017 at 3:16 AM
Here's another deco bookset for your empty shelves, tables, and countertops.

These are taken from the Glamour Life bookcase "First Class Shelves". For the most part, all I've done here is separate the books and deco from the bookcase, then chopped them into smaller pieces to be used individually. I did kinda add a couple new pieces - imaginatively named "Subset 7a" and "Subset 7b". This basically came about because I was wondering if I could use the obelisk as a bookend. Now I know that, " no, you can't, unless you mesh in some books with it ready-made."

I specifically made these to fit doubled on my Curvilinear Librarium shelves, so you may notice that the books are about 80% the depth of their EAxis counterparts. The non-book items I left unaltered. Still, they should look just fine on any other flat surface with a slot.

I also made a recolor, just to have a little variety

It's OK to laugh; I already know I stink at texturing. The recolor is just to remind folks that they are recolorable. And, if any one cares to make a decent recolor for this set, the set is repositoried, with all other subsets slaved to Subset 1 (Books w/ Bookends). You only need to recolor that one master file to recolor all the others.

There is also a Collection file included in the download. Remember to NOT put this file in your Downloads folder but in the Collections folder instead.

Some technical info:

All meshes and textures are EAxis.
in-game price - 7
Catalog placement- Decorative>Sculptures

Known Issues: There is a possibility you will find these incredibly cute, useful, and FUN.

Tools used:

Blende 2.78c, GIMP 2.8.2, SimPE Polygon Counts:
Subset 1-Books w/ bookends: details-52, shadows-6
Subset 2a-Trophy: details-92, shadows-2
Subset 2b-Obelisk: details-44, shadows-2
Subset 2c-Totem: details-108, shadows-2
Subset 3-Books: details-36, shadows-2
Subset 4-Books: details-36, shadows-2
Subset 5a-Pottery: details-68, shadows-4
Subset 5b-Santa Pic: details-16, shadows-2
Subset 6a-Books: details-36, shadows-2
Subset 6b-Trophy2: details-84, shadows-2
Subset 7a-Obelisk bookends: details-136, shadows-14
Subset 7b-Totem bookends: details-254, shadows-14

Additional Credits:
The genius formerly known as Delphy - for this great community and all that comes with it

Numenor - the CEP Quaxi - SimPE Without those three, none of this is possible.