Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Snowman Christmas Tree

SCREENSHOTS
2,450 Downloads 77 Thanks  Thanks 15 Favourited 9,368 Views
Uploaded: 12th Nov 2017 at 11:25 PM
Updated: 17th Nov 2017 at 12:51 AM
While strolling through Wal Mart one day... In the merry merry month of October... I saw a Snowman Christmas Tree. I thought, that looks like simlish humor to me! And decided to make it

This is actually an odd compilation of Maxis meshes all frankensteined together (hey! it WAS October ) and mostly EA textures with a few of mine thrown in. I did re-uvmap a few things. And do simple recolors. (as in changed color)

Now to the good parts.

This tree uses Honeywell's Summon Santa guid. So go download to enjoy Santa! You can use the recoloring swatch to change the snowman tree's buttons and the presents underneath. The presents are invisible for part of the recolors. Two of the present/ornament-buttons recolors are Maxis that belonged to the tree I cloned it from, and a red and green one I made myself. To change the scarf's color on the snowman tree, just click on the snowman tree itself. It will give you an option to switch the scarf between red and green. The snowman tree also has the ability to light up, and be white, red, green, or do a special alternating between the colors as well as remaining unlit. You can also play music. You also click on the snowman tree to do that as well.

Which leads us to the next part, there are two versions. They use the same guids so you can have only ONE. There is a base game only compatible one that uses custom Jingle Bell music. Because it is custom, it will play til it stops playing. I could have made it cycle, but when I tried it, along with the alternating colors, it glitched on me, so I left it be. The other snowman tree requires happy holidays pack, because it uses the snowman radio music. It will continue to play. The base one contains the word base and the happy holidays one contains the number 7hh in it.

Both of them will have music off when you re-enter the lot after saving and going to the neighborhood or quitting however, so you will have to turn it back on if you wish to hear it play. The tree will remain lit though.

It also does NOT catch fire. I removed that pesky little habit.

It would make a great outdoor decoration to go with the reindeer.

This is in the catalog under decorative/plants for 295 dollars.

The poly count is 2184.

The custom music for the base game snowman tree only comes from here: music It is the Jingle Bells music. I included a picture of it, because you can't link directly to the page. The licensing information that has to be included with it is:

"Jingle Bells"
Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

There is also a tutorial included to change the bcon on the alternating lights, so you can slow it down or speed it up, depending on how fast you want the lights to change. I included it due to things like that being a problem for some people with seizures/migraines.

Polygon Counts:

Additional Credits:
A big thank you to Jo, Gummi, and Maxon who tortured themselves, er played with my snowman tree

And a big thank you to Gummi who helped me when I forgot a few my/stack object's and

a big thank you to Honeywell for allowing me to use her guid and helped me with base game compatibility questions

wanted to add either tree will summon Santa (as they have the same guids) as long as you have Happy Holidays installed. I just uploaded a version that works for base game only that will work in games that don't have Happy Holidays, as the Second one (with the 7hh in it) requires Happy Holidays, and the other one does not. Just an addition, as EA has several versions of Happy Holidays floating around, if your game does not have the Snowman radio in it, in electronics/audio (where the stereos are) then please use the base game version.

It has come to my attention that the tree has a guid conflict with something out there, so if you happen to have a conflict where the tree shows up but does nothing, please let me know, and I can fix it for you I have no idea what item it is, unfortunately, just that it exists. As Simonut described, the tree will do nothing. You can pull it out of catalog, but clicking on it will show nothing, It will also show with 3 squares on it instead of 4, when you go to place it (or did in testing for both Gummi and me). It is a very simple fix, and I have a solution already, so please let me know, it is no problem if you have an issue for me to fix it. You may pm me or post here in comments or however you wish.