Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Picked upload! Mermaids Mod 1.0 [LASTFIX]

by Nyx Posted 22nd Feb 2018 at 11:20 PM - Updated 26th Feb 2018 at 8:56 PM by Nyx
Open thumbnail gallery
Advertisement:
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
THE MERMAID INTERACTIONS SHOULDN'T GIVE ANYMORE LE ERRORS (THE STATUE COULD STILL GIVE THEM THOUGH).
I WILL NOT MAKE ANOTHER FIX, NOW I HAVE TO FOCUS ON OTHER THINGS.

-------------------------------------
THE STATUE SHOULD NOW APPEAR, IT USED TO HAVE VAMPIRES GAME PACK'S REQUIREMENTS. NOW IT DOESN'T ANYMORE, PLEASE REDOWNLOAD
--------------------------------------
METHOD FOR WHO HAS PROBLEMS WITH THE STATUE: SINCE THE STATUE DOESN’T WORK PROPERLY FOR YOU, FOR NOW USE THIS CHEAT TO BECOME A MERMAID: traits.equip_trait Mermaid. AS FOR THE SCALES , SELECT YOUR SIM, GO TO “Mermaid” then “Change the color of your scales” and select a color.

After sweat, pain and tears used to create this mod, I'm excited to announce the new mermaid lifestate!
Let's see the features included in this (not very big) mod!:

-How to become a mermaid?-

First of all, you need to buy the "The Queen of the Mermaids" statue, which costs §20.000 (Cheats time!)It can be found under the section “sculptures”, but I highly suggest to just search it using the word “queen”. After you bought it, you'll have two interactions available:
- The typical "Observe" interaction, present in every statue.
- "Remember the "Queen's" legend", where the sim will start to look down, trying to remember the legend of this queen. After they've remembered it, there will be two possible outcomes:
= Fail: The sim will find the legend boring and fake, and thus will receive the "Boooring..." (+3 bored) buff which will last 24 hours straight! With this buff, the sim will not be gifted by the queen because of their skepticism. Once the buff runs out, you can retry again.
= Success: The sim will find the legend very sad, and so they will receive the "This is so sad..." (+3 sad) buff, which will still last 24 hours, but after it passes out, the queen will acknowledge their caring attitude, and will grant your sim's (and your) wish! After that, their legs will start to glow, and scales will appear there, all followed by the "New Scales!" (+8 happy) buff.
=Note: To speed up the process of transformation, when obtaining the sad buff the sim can "cry it out". (This is useful for those who don't like to wait)

-"The Queen of the Mermaids" statue-

- Now you're wondering "Why do I have to remember a legend to become a mermaid", and the answer is in the description of the object, where a legend is written.
- Mermaids will consider the statue a grave, so they can "Mourn the queen". The motivation of this is in the legend, I wonder what will be your theories. A hint is present in the buff they'll receive when they mourned the queen. (The buff is "Such a brave mermaid..." and gives +6 sadness)

-What are the features of the Mermaids?-

Hydration need:
- Let's start with the hydration need, which will replace Hygiene. This need can be filled by swimming in the pool, taking a shower, taking a bath, going on a water slide, etc.
With advantages though, come disadvantages because the Hydration need decays much faster when staying outside during daytime! Normally you'd have to spend most of your time near water sources but, to make things easier, I made sure that everytime they use water and then they don't use it anymore, the "Hydrated" (+2 Happy) buff, which lasts 4 hours, will appear and will slowly fill the hydration need. If a mermaid doesn't care about their hydration they will pass 2 stages before dying:
= The first buff to appear when low on hydration is "Chapped" (+2 uncomfortable), which will make the sim to have a "pretty dried" skin. They will also walk slowly.
= The second and last buff is Dehydrated (+50 uncomfortable), where the sim will almost nearly die. They will have a "very dried" skin and will be unable to use the pool.
After the mermaid passes these two stages, they will die from dehydration. So take good care of your scales, or else...
Scales and Tail:
- Mermaids have the ability to change the color of their scales! You'll just have to select the color under the menu "Change the color of your scales" in the Mermaid pie menu.
The tail, of course, will follow the same color scheme of the scales. There are 6 colors in total. Another thing with the tail, is that they appear only in some specific locations during specific actions!
For ex. Mermaids won't have the tail when they are in the shower, but they will if they are in a bathtub. When a mermaids jumps in the pool it might take a bit for the tail to appear, in case it won't, do "swim laps" and see if that works.
Singing ability:
- Mermaids have one more interaction, that is "Sirens melody", where the sim will sing some notes very briefly. This has effects on other sims (from teens to elders), in fact they will have the "Such a Wonderful voice..." (+8 flirty) buff which lasts 4 hours. Not only when they observe the mermaid, they react by doing a "melted" animation, but they will also accept almost every flirt from the mermaid.

NOTES: Don't do this interaction while swimming, it doesn't work in that case (for now). Also If the sims don't fall under the spell of the mermaid's voice, keep doing the interaction until it works.

FOR WHO HAS CITY LIVING: Mermaids develop the singing skill MUCH MUCH faster (like, in just 1/2 minutes the mermaid has level 10 in the singing skill). And also, the sims who look or stay near the mermaid while is singing (even when they sing in the shower or sing at a karaoke), will have the same reaction they have when they hear the "Sirens Melody".
Some other stuff:
- If Children and childish sims see a mermaid, they might have the "Wow! A Mermaid!" buff (+6 happy) (In the future, a reaction will be created for them)
- Mermaids's autonomy has been slightly modified. If there's a chance, they will jump in the pool, or will take a shower.
- Mermaids are smooth talkers, so if they flirt with a sim, their romance relationship will receive a small but effective bonus.
- Mermaids have wonderful and mythical voices, so they won't talk like normal sims.
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Nyx_MermaidsModV1.0[LASTFIX].rar 3.42 MB 90,369 26th Feb 2018
304 Thanks Say Thanks
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
No Extraction Required (Script Mods):
1. Cut and paste the .zip file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Script mods need to be placed directly in \Mods or one level below that (e.g. \Mods\Scripts) – sub-folders nested any deeper won’t work.
Extraction Required (Everything Else):
1. Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
2. Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled

Page 6 of 7
165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 8:19 AM
how where you able to change the autonomy of the sims? I want to try to make a mod that doesnt turn a sim into a full mermaid, just a sim who loves being in the water, any help is greatly appreciated!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
2nd Mar 2018 at 2:40 PM
This message has been deleted by biologico987.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 10:54 PM
I cannot reinstall the file in the folder again plz help
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 5:47 PM
you should make a werewolf mod :D
Test Subject
#129 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:43 PM
So far i love the mod!!!! i love mermaids, but is there a way for later incase i dont want my sim to be a mermaid anymore??
Test Subject
#130 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:36 PM
Hi! I really want to download this mod for my game, but every time I try it comes off as .exe instead or .zip or .rar. It also says it will damage my computer and if I want to discard or keep it? I read over the instructions on how to download but doesn't mention anything in my case. please help?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#131 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:15 AM
I am pleased to say that I have tried the "LASTFIX" version with 1.40, and it works perfectly. I can transform via the statue, I got my scales, I've changed my scales, swam around... good times.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 2:06 PM
I'm seriously impressed by this mod! It's really amazing, thank you!
One question though - would it be possible to get a flavour without the voice change? I'd love to have mermen, but the voice, well... Doesn't really suit them, haha.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 3:30 PM
Can you make meramid trait for childrens?
Test Subject
#134 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:15 PM
Default vampire clash
This is truly an amazing mod, both aesthetically and game play based, but I noticed an anomaly, nothing that has to be fixed, but something that might be good to know. When making a vampire into a mermaid (or rather vampire mermaid hybrid) most needs disappear, leaving only hydration, social and fun as (visible) needs. Now this is in no way something that has to be fixed (it just makes vampire-mermaid hybrids seem op), but it could be a good thing to add in the description just so that you won't get messages about this in the future.

otherwise, as I said, it's an amazing mod that you've truly done a remarkable job on!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 1:29 AM
holy HECK this is seriously so amazing and you are SO talented, thank you for putting out such high quality mods <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:32 AM
i really hope this works becuse mods never work for me :( but thanks if it do and thanks for all the effort
Test Subject
#137 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:53 PM
How can you tell if the mod is a script mod or not?
Test Subject
#138 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:19 PM Last edited by lazyunicorn : 10th Mar 2018 at 10:51 PM.
Default startups
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkElephantGirl
How can you tell if the mod is a script mod or not?

If you have the thing called "show mods at startup" on which is applied automatically, it should be under script mods if it is a script mod.
Test Subject
#139 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:27 PM
For those of you who are having problems with the mod, i don't know if this can help you, but i downloaded a 7z file extractor, and i used it on the mod. Now it does work for me; maybe it's just because you didn't extract it with the right program!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 2:23 PM
The file downloaded fine for me, I used WinZIP to unzip the file and place it in my mods folder as I do with my other mods. I use several mods (which have all been updated at the beginning of March) and have come to the conclusion that this mod is whats making my game, and MCC, freak. I too had to deal with a infinite Sad moodlet at "0" and a load screen that wouldn't go away while moving between lots. I'll have to remove this mod for the sake of my saved games, I this this is a GREAT idea and I can't wait to try a newer version!!
Test Subject
#141 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 2:26 PM
**Re-post for the "Feedback" option**
The file downloaded fine for me, I used WinZIP to unzip the file and place it in my mods folder as I do with my other mods. I use several mods (which have all been updated at the beginning of March) and have come to the conclusion that this mod is whats making my game, and MCC, freak. I too had to deal with a infinite Sad moodlet at "0" and a load screen that wouldn't go away while moving between lots. I'll have to remove this mod for the sake of my saved games, I this this is a GREAT idea and I can't wait to try a newer version!!
Test Subject
#142 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 3:40 AM
Default Stuck in Infinite Sad moodlet
Just like others, this also doesn't work for me. After remembering the legend, My sims after waiting the 24 hours gets stuck in the infinite sad moodlet bug. Using the console command to give the Mermaid trait also doesn't fully work as it only gives the sim the Hydration bar; no scales or tail. I wish I could know what the difference is between the simmers who can run this correctly and those like me who have this bug. I also have the fairy mod installed and haven't had a single problem with that so I don't understand why this doesn't work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 10:38 PM
Great mod works with latest GP had this mod from the site that can't be named (TURBODRIVER) crashed the game thanks
Test Subject
#144 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyunicorn
If you have the thing called "show mods at startup" on which is applied automatically, it should be under script mods if it is a script mod.

Also in your mods folder it will say TS4SCRIPT FILE instead of PACKAGE FILE (caps because that is the way it look not yelling)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 10:19 AM
I love this! It's amazing <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 8:59 AM
I LOOOOVE the mermaid's voice!
Test Subject
#147 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:14 PM
I downloaded this mod and a fairies mod on 3/16/18. One or both of them came with a virus.
Test Subject
#148 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:24 PM
Doesnt work much for me as well.. Altho I already got passed the "not receiving the trait" and getting stucked at 0 mins Sad buff part by unzipping it with 7zip in my 2nd try but after I still get LE's when I try to change the color and when I try to travel I still get stucked at the loading screen.

Oh also not entirely sure if its the mod is causing it but I got a UI glitch after the interaction with the statue, it's just the UI Sim in the mood/emotions panel it appears to be "asleep" even tho the sim is actually awake and moving. I got rid of it by removing the "Its so sad" buff in debug.

BUT besides that I like the Idea of the mod and Ive always look forward to your creations since I also use your fairy mod. Thank you for your hard work!
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 12:27 PM
I hope there's a supernatural mod to make sims into angel and... fallen angel. Who didn't have a fantasy woohooing with a hot devil? And how to turn a good angel into a bad one and then eventually being degraded and depraved. Just a little suggestion.
Page 6 of 7

Expansion/Stuff packs required:
Sims 4

Built with Game Version: 1.39.74.10

165 Comments / replies (Who?)

12 Feedback Posts
12 Thanks Posts

239 Favourited

99,965 Downloads

Type:

Tags: #Mermaid, #Mermaids, #Mermaid Mod, #Mermaids Mod