Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

(outdated, link to V2 inside) Stairs Overlay

SCREENSHOTS
17,720 Downloads 299 Thanks  Thanks 126 Favourited 51,255 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 25th Sep 2018 at 8:32 PM
Updated: 14th Nov 2021 at 8:23 PM - link to V2
I consider this mesh as outdated, as I made two better ones slaved to Catherine TCJD's wallpaper overlay. Available here (tumblr) or here (MTS).

This is a brand new mesh : 4 tiles wide, 2 stories. Cloned from Catherine TCJD's Wallpaper Overlay .

You can choose between a basic version categorized as Deco/Misc (it should be base game compatible), or a MG version categorized as Build/Architecture (requires M&G). Choose only one version of the mesh or they will conflict ! Price : 0$, because you already paid for your walls, right ?

This is far from perfect. Here are the issues (I think they are minor but it might bother you if you're really picky about details).

There are two gaps : one at both sides. As you can see on the pictures, depending on the camera rotation you can see a 1pixel line transparency at the start and at the end of the overlay. I was unable to fix this because that's my very first mesh but I won't mind if someone tries to make it better. Just tell me and i'll give a link to your better version !

Something else : they don’t fit perfectly with mouldings/panels painted on the wall like the ones I make and use for the previews. There is a few pixels that are higher than the walls, but this is not supposed to happen if you use the same mouldings on Catherine's mesh, like the ones from shastakiss. I haven't tested with hers but I firstly tried to make this overlay on Catherine's mesh and there were no shift (however, I've deleted these files since, sorry).

Also, the colors might be different as you can see on the pictures too. I believe this is because of how the game handles the lightnings : walls and objects don’t light the same way (or am I wrong ?), and the overlay is 4 tiles wide and 2 stories height so I suppose the game picks a lightning from one point and applies it to the entire mesh. Nothing I can do about it with my own knowledge.

Otherwise, it works fine and you get exactly what you see on the pictures.

Have fun !

Note : By the way, if I had the skills, I would probably have made a mesh slaved to Catherine's that repeat the texture 4 times and distort it instead of this overlay, so no other recolors would have been necessary, but... Yeah I have a lot of ideas, but not the knowledge If someone wants to help with that, I'm asking for help here.

Polygon Counts:
Faces: 2
Vertex: 4

Additional Credits:
Catherine TCJD for the mesh I cloned
shastakiss for the Curiona mouldings
Artemida for the panels
The creators of SimPE, the ones or Milkshape, the ones of the Meshtool, the ones of the UV mapper, the ones of Photoshop, all the people that made any meshing tutorial out there, every simmer who told me they loved the idea of this overlay and motivated me to finish it.