Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

CEP Extra -- "Lamp on the Half Shell"

SCREENSHOTS
960 Downloads 83 Thanks  Thanks 6 Favourited 22,386 Views
Uploaded: 3rd Oct 2018 at 3:25 PM
When Maxis made the "Lamp on the Half Shell" ceiling lamp for the base game, they made it so that all recolors, including custom ones, used the same texture for the fixture. They did everything that was necessary to make the fixture recolorable -- short of actually enabling it as a recolorable subset. So, I took those last steps, and this CEP-Extra is the result.

When installed, this CEP-Extra will make the lampshade and fixture for the "Lamp on the Half Shell" separately recolorable. Of course, there's no point in making something recolorable if there aren't recolors for it, so I made a set of recolors based on the fixture texturing that Liz used in her default replacement for the lamp. They are included in a separate rar file.

Install instructions:
dharden_CEP-Extra_LampontheHalfShell_ProgramFiles must be placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA

dharden_CEP-Extra_LampontheHalfShell_Documents must be placed in \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA

Notes: If you used a compilation to install The Sims 2, the compilation's full name (e.g., "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe") will probably be used in both Documents and Program Files. In Program Files, the base-game folder should be located under that folder, and be named "Base". Once you find that, the path to the "zCEP-EXTRA" folder should be the same. Also, 64-bit versions of Windows use "Program Files (x86)" for 32-bit programs, while 32-bit versions only have "Program Files".

Additional Credits:
Maxis, for the original object.
Liz, for the default replacement that got me to see recoloring the fixture as something worth doing.