Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Upgrade or Store?

SCREENSHOTS
13,140 Downloads 130 Thanks  Thanks 53 Favourited 27,744 Views
Personal Picked Upload! This is a personal favourite of the creator!
Uploaded: 30th Dec 2018 at 9:58 PM
Updated: 24th Mar 2022 at 7:40 PM - Updated. Min version now 1.84.197.1030
UPDATE (3/24/22): Min version now 1.84.197.1030. Version 1.86.157.1030 should be compatible.

Description
As I was working on my twin big projects, Store Most Items in Chests and Already Upgraded, I realized there was a bit of overlap between the two.

There are some ten items that could take BOTH improvements: being able to be stored in chests AND being already upgraded. However, applying one of my packs would preclude applying the other at the same time due to XML conflicts. I thought about it for a while and decided the best solution is to separate these items out into a separate mod pack and leave it to the individual user to decide how to proceed.

Notes
Because this package only overrides existing tunings, it should be safe for all players. Players not using certain Packs will not have those items appear.
The packs are categorized by function. Select ONE of UPGRADE, STORE, or BOTH, as they will otherwise override the same objects and will conflict with each other.

UPGRADE applies ONLY the "Already Upgraded" mod to these items. They will spawn already upgraded but will not be able to be stored anywhere but on Sims.
STORE applies ONLY the "Store in Chests" mod to these items. They can be stored in chests but will spawn in default condition and will have to be Upgraded the usual way.
BOTH applies both mods to these items at the same time and is the only way to achieve both simultaneously.

Compatibility
I created and tested this mod on version 1.84.197.1030. Due to the nature of the mod, it WILL NOT work with earlier versions because they have different, incompatible tunings.

While this is an Override Mod, The UPGRADE and BOTH packs modify spawning behavior. Items placed into the world will remain in the condition dictated by their Tunings. Items in the world before this Mod is installed will not be upgraded after you install, and items spawned upgraded will remain so should you remove this mod.

The STORE and BOTH mods affect storage behavior. Any of the affected items you store in a chest should be removed (transferred to a Sim or put in the world) first before removing the mod to prevent unpredictable behavior.

Conflicts
This mod overrides the Object Tunings of some 50 items, listed below and categorized by Pack:

Applying another mod that alters these resources can cause conflicts and unpredictable behavior. The fact these packs can potentially apply two overrides in the same file are the reason for their being isolated.

Additional Credits:
Sims 4 Studio, the tool used to study game content and produce this mod.