Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Plan Career Outfit

by Menaceman44 Posted 12th Apr 2019 at 8:53 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2022 at 9:58 PM by Menaceman44

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 67 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
#76 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I have a scientist at level 9 of the career and I was able to change his career outfit and he wore it correctly when I sent him to work the next time. I'm not seeing any issues in my game so I don't know what to check or what might be wrong. Have you tried testing with just this mod and the xml injector in your mods to rule out a conflict?
(Don't worry about your English. It is perfectly understandable)

So the mod is working normally, it must be something with my game. I'm going to try to re-download it, first. If it doesn't work, I'll try to see if it's a conflict. I'll be back to give you news, anyway. Thank you for your attention! :D
Test Subject
#77 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 6:47 PM
Hello! I tried to use only the mod (along with the xml injector and emilypl27's Change Into Career Outfit Whenever) and it worked correctly. As I have no idea which mod may be conflicting, I used the "Mod Conflict Detector" but it said that there are no conflicts with this mod. Do you have any idea what kind of mod might conflict? Just so I have an idea of where to start, what kind of mod could conflict with this type of mod that messes with outfits and such...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#78 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 7:06 PM
I'm honestly not sure I'm sorry. It shouldn't really be able to conflict with anything else to begin with thanks to scumbumbo's XML injector. All I can think of is if you have any mods that perhaps change the interactions on dressers or mirrors. The mod checks for objects that have the Change Sim option and adds my new option to them. If you have anything stopping the Change Sim option showing up that might stop this working as well.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#79 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 8:04 PM
Thank you for your attention! This may be the biggest challenge I face in finding conflicting mods, lol. I usually have an idea of what it might be, but this time... MCCC has the option to change work outfit but it still doesn't work in my game. God help me, lol.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#80 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 9:51 PM
The MCCC option doesn't work either? It might be worth trying a Game Repair in Origin to see if some of your game files have perhaps become corrupted.
If you're not sure how, right-click on the game icon in Origin and you should see a Repair Game option.

Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 3:31 AM
Hello! I solved the problem: I simply had two CAS backgrounds in my mods folder. I am offended by myself. How did I let that happen? Anyway, using MCCC it worked, so I think it will work with your mod too
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 1:20 AM
Thank you! Love that I can experiment with outfits for my sim for work. I can do crazy outfits that don't quite fit with their aesthetic, but it's "for work." Love it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#83 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 11:49 PM
Thanks so much! I had another mod for this but it was adding the interaction to every surface instead of just dressers.
Test Subject
#84 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 11:44 AM Last edited by drift91 : 11th Apr 2022 at 12:11 PM. Reason: My workaround didn't actually work.
The MCCC option doesn't work either? It might be worth trying a Game Repair in Origin to see if some of your game files have perhaps become corrupted.
If you're not sure how, right-click on the game icon in Origin and you should see a Repair Game option.

Quote: Originally posted by cbenetti
Hello! I solved the problem: I simply had two CAS backgrounds in my mods folder. I am offended by myself. How did I let that happen? Anyway, using MCCC it worked, so I think it will work with your mod too

This mod and the equivalent MCCC function seem to be susceptible to the oddest mod conflicts breaking them. For me 5 Day Work Week was what was breaking them.

I've already asked the author if there's some way they can fix it. As a workaround for now I removed 5 Day Work Week, set my career outfit and saved, then reinstalled 5 Day Work Week and readjusted my work schedule.
[Edit: Unfortunately this didn't work as it resets the outfit as soon as the schedule is set. At least that hints at a possible cause I guess.]
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#85 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 9:03 PM
Thanks for the info. It must have something to do with how the game assigns the work uniform in the first place.
I'll add a conflict note on the front page.

Test Subject
#86 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 2:15 AM
Thanks for the info. It must have something to do with how the game assigns the work uniform in the first place.
I'll add a conflict note on the front page.

While helping JaneSimsten work on making their mod compatible I came across another issue that isn't due to their mod. It appears that it's not possible to set the outfit for the retail career and possibly other part-time jobs. I've tested with only this mod and the XML injector on a new save and it resets the outfit the instant that they start travelling to work. I've also tested with only MCCC installed, so I know it's not a problem on your end, but it appears to be an issue with the vanilla game. Is there some way you could maybe make a workaround with your mod? Thanks.

Btw version 003 of 5 Day Work Week should no longer conflict, if you want to mention that in the mod description. It hasn't been released yet but should be soon once I let JaneSimsten know that it seems to work as intended.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#87 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 10:10 PM
I really don't have that kind of modding knowledge. I'm not sure if that would be an XML tuning issue or a python issue.
All this mod does at its core is make the cheat command "sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas" a selectable option on dressers.

Test Subject
#88 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 5:50 PM
I really don't have that kind of modding knowledge. I'm not sure if that would be an XML tuning issue or a python issue.
All this mod does at its core is make the cheat command "sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas" a selectable option on dressers.

Ah, alright. I wasn't aware that was even a cheat. This might be something that has to be brought up to EA if there's already a cheat in the vanilla game and it doesn't work either. I doubt what I'm experiencing is intended behaviour anyway, and it doesn't seem to be caused by any mods.

Anyway, might want to mention in the mod description that the outfits may not persist on part-time jobs, as I've been told the cause has something to do with part time jobs using different code for setting the outfit. Also the new version of 5 Day Work Week, 1.03, should no longer conflict so you can update or remove that note if you want.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#89 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 6:22 AM
Menaceman, I've been using this mod since the release. Thank you so much for a neat mod and keeping it going for us. May I request that you check out Emilypl27's Change into career outfit? It's been a long time since it was updated.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#90 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justpass11
Menaceman, I've been using this mod since the release. Thank you so much for a neat mod and keeping it going for us. May I request that you check out Emilypl27's Change into career outfit? It's been a long time since it was updated.

I looked. It still functions fine.

Field Researcher
#91 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 6:48 AM
How is it for 1.90?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#92 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justpass11
How is it for 1.90?

You'll need to get an updated copy of the XML Injector otherwise the options won't appear anymore. Other than that it should still be working fine.

Lab Assistant
#93 Old 13th Aug 2023 at 7:07 AM
this mod still works?
Page 4 of 4