Got it working again, but...
Date Posted: 6th Oct 2017 at 11:13 PM Views: 860
I uninstalled Origin, and then reinstalled it again. It worked! So I got a few weeks of Sim time.

Then Origin wanted to update.

It did the same f***ing thing as before. Internet connection lost. Game won't play.

This is NOT good enough. I can't uninstall and reinstall Origin every time the stupid thing needs an update! Give me a break.

Better yet, give me my money back. I shouldn't have to pay to get a headache from this piece of crap software.

EDIT: So now Origin won't install at all. Error code 9.0. A common problem, apparently, but seemingly one without a solution. EA really doesn't seem to care about making playable games...

Guess I'm done with The Sims. (Can't play TS2 either, now, since it's all linked through that stupid Origin garbage.)

Recent Comments for: Got it working again, but...
By fakepeeps7 (16th Oct 2017 at 1:32 AM)
It's not a Sims problem at all. I tried installing Origin today, and it worked. I changed nothing and did nothing different. *sigh* I guess it works when it wants to work.

Oddly enough, I haven't had any problems with my saved games. I'm still working on the same family, who've somehow been spared through two separate Origin crashes/uninstalls/re-installs.

I'm probably good until Origin needs another update. Then I'll end up going through this whole mess all over again!
By LadySilverwolf (10th Oct 2017 at 5:10 PM)
I hope you get it resolved, although it sounds like an 'Origin' problem and not exactly ts2. Makes me afraid of even opening Origin at this point ... I definitely do not want the same issues on my pc. TS2 takes sooo much time to get setup, especially if you forget to backup!

As for advice, I suggested getting in contact with Origin verbally, to avoid the whole 'internet connection' problem. They might be able to help you. Other than that, not much more I can suggest.

Again, sure hope you get the matter resolved.

vB Journal Version 1.5.0 Beta 3
vB Journal Copyright � Anthony Scudese