Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 8:59 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 24th Aug 2010 at 9:17 PM.
Default Foundation E
Why E you ask? Because Yogi-Tea did an X and E just happens to be my favorite letter of the alphabet.

Lot Specifications:
  • Lot Size - 40x20
  • Lot Orientation - Must be oriented the way shown in picture
  • Lot Type - May be residential or commercial
  • Lot Theme - There is none. Be crazy, contemporary, or anything inbetween!

Note: I have NOT made a TS2 version but if anyone would like to make one, please feel free to add it.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Foundation E.rar (362.5 KB, 35 downloads) - View custom content

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 9:02 PM
Ah yes, it's sad that I find building so much more enjoyable now when given something to work from lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 1:04 AM
Hmmm! Doesn't this look interesting? I'll have to give it a try, too.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 1:39 AM
You know what though? This project continues and we will all have completely custom homes in a neighborhood.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 3:32 AM
Yeah, I've already got so many custom homes from the contest flooding my downloads box.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Inventor
#6 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
Why E you ask? Because Yogi-Tea did an X and E just happens to be my favorite letter of the alphabet.
I wouldn't have asked but... now I wonder why E is your favourite letter of the alphabet?

This foundation looks easy but I think it's not. It's huge and I guess it'll be difficult to give the house a good shape without building a huge castle. I'll give it a try ... later. At the moment I'm working on new starter homes for an upload.
Inventor
#7 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 1:16 PM
It's not really huge but it will make a bigger house lol
I tried last night but having trouble coming up with ideas.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
I wouldn't have asked but... now I wonder why E is your favourite letter of the alphabet?

I think E is my favorite letter because it looks like a backwards 3 which is my favorite number. Random and strange, I know.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 7:04 PM
At least it's interesting. I don't even have a favorite letter... or number or month or anything of the kind!

Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 12:38 AM
One quick question - where is there a lot that is 40x20? I tried to find one in Sunset Valley and Twinbrook, even checked on Hammond Island, but there were no lots that size. So I used the world editor and tossed in a lot that size, ending up with a hilly lot I had to level out first. The wierd terrain lent itself well to having a waterfall in the back corner emptying into a "natural" rock pool (boy, do I miss the diagonal and curved pool tools). I was nearly finished with the lot, when the game crashed as I was trying to add a fireplace. Naturally, I hadn't saved any progress - so it's back to the "drawing" board!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 12:45 AM
I used the world editor to place the lot as well. I wanted to use a longer, leaner lot as most lots are closer to square. It fits really well in Sunset Valley at 2350 Pinochle Street. The back edge is a teeny bit hilly but it looks nice if you soften it a bit.

Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 1:24 AM
There's a 40x20 lot size? I've never used the world editor and I wouldn't even begin to know where to start. But a 40x20 would have been ideal for this one house I'm building, but I could only find 40x30 or 20x30 lots. I settled for the 40x30 but it's very big along the side that doesn't house the... well, house.

Inventor
#13 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 1:10 PM
I had to place one with the world editor as well. I play in Twinbrook so started a fresh Sunset Valley cause well it has more room and areas to place things lol Posting some WIP shots here in a bit in the Common Area thread.

Forum Resident
#14 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 3:19 AM
Well, I might get my house done tomorrow or the next day. I deleted 17 Maywood (I think). It was a 40x30. Then I put a 40x20 in its place. The shell is done and all the furniture is in place. Most the landscaping is done too. I just need to CAS everything and do all the tweaks.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 3:30 AM
I have been reading a lot of that CASTing thing lately. I must be the only person that CASTs as I go!

Forum Resident
#16 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 3:58 AM
I do CAS some as I go. But then, I need to go through and tie all the rooms together at the end anyway; so the rugs will have some of the same textures, but be different shapes, and things like that. I don't have the wall coverings picked out yet either and right now all the bathroom stuff is just the first white choice. I've recolored some of the woods and the bedrooms are probably 90-95% done. So, basically, I CAS as I go if I know what style, theme, and palette I want. Otherwise, I pick out the style I want and wait for inspiration to strike on palette and theme.

On this build I went with blocky furnishings as the foundation itself is squares and rectangles. So, after dividing up rooms and putting in doors and windows, I did the essential landscaping. Then I put in the kitchen counters, cupboards, and appliances but didn't CAS any of it as I just wanted the layout figured out. It kind of kept going in that manner. I put in the furniture to establish the layout flow and didn't really start in on colors until I had to match the carpet in the bedrooms. Anyway, I have a long way to go to pull it all together, but the big stuff is done.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 5:32 AM
I do a lot of the CAST-ing as I go, too. This is mostly due to the fact that I have ADHD and it's the brain one, not the physical one. I can't keep my brain on one thing for too long, so I might do some landscaping for twenty minutes, move to building the house, CAST up the walls to one room and then jump back to landscaping. After a while of in-cohesive houses, I decided that I had to come up with a theme for the house before I started building, so that when I did, I'd keep to that theme, even as I jumped around.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 5:33 AM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 27th Aug 2010 at 4:18 PM.
Default Foundation E = Halliwell Manor
Yes...I did it. I turned Foundation E into the Halliwell Manor from Charmed. Okay, so I did take some creative liberties as the basement couldn't be added and the mud room had no foundation. So everything got moved around a little bit but, for all intents and purposes, all the important stuff is there! (I have included the front view and the floorplans each as separate add-ons so they can be viewed more easily.)

I used a lot of CC. It's all free and if you see something you like, feel free to ask me about it. I can tell you where I got it.
Screenshots

Inventor
#19 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 1:12 PM
Oh wow I absolutely LOVE it lol

Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 1:22 PM
@heaven_sent_8_18 that really is a gorgeous house - I have looked at the foundation in game and as yet no inspiration - I seem to do better with the weirder layouts -so well done on such a lovely lot.
@Lifeslover - my son has ADD and it's quite obvious with him but it's funny that it's not until he was diagnosed that I noticed the traits I have myself - can't concentrate on things for long, plus in life one minute I can be anally organised with lists etc and the next minute I'm a nightmare if disorganisation - and we both have a really bad short term memory lol.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 8:28 PM
Here's what I did with the E:

You can always pause the slideshow by hovering over the bottom right corner and clicking on the pause button. You can also choose to view the album and see the bigger screenshots. (Then the next button will be in the top right rather than the bottom right.)

I envisioned a family with two older boys and thought the upstairs lounge would be where they would hang with their friends. I didn't put in a computer desk as I figured they could use laptops at the dining room table. There is room to add a garden and clothes line outside as well as a washer and hampers inside, but I chose not.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 11:19 PM
Did you change the shape of the foundation or is that just flowers covering certain tiles? Looking at the floorplans it looks different to me.

Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 12:19 AM
I love that Charmed house!! Used to watch it like a slave. So pretty you made it inside :lovestruc Especially the attict

Lovely use of colours in your decorating Ciane and your floorplan is brilliant!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 2:04 AM
Flowers cover up some of the foundation. I made a flower bed on the left of the front stairs using coffee tables and low fencing with a brick texture (where there was no foundation). Then I placed those (earth day?) flower beds into the front of the foundation on the right of the stairs as well as to the left to make them look like matching flower beds. Then I just put flowering bushes in the back on both sides of the house so the back porch has a diagonal edge instead of 90 degrees. I made a flower bed back there too with the same earth day flower bed, but you can't tell with all the extra flowering shrubs. So, two spots of foundation became flowers beds.

Thanks, Kaospilot. I wasn't sure about the back porch cut out of the house, but I do like the layout (and I hate small porches).
Field Researcher
#25 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 12:49 AM
Ciane - you always do colors so well! Please tell me you also end up changing at least one pattern a couple of times, until it satisfies you? The layout looks great - good flow.

Page 1 of 2