Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebud1987
Thanks for the great tutorial.

I have implemented 5 of the discovery types in my custom caw and 4 of the are successful (Map, Reosrt Owner, Resort Adventure and Mermaid). I am having issues with the last one Scuba. I have set a cave in the diving lot to travel to my lot on the hidden island and no luck. I took a look is Isla paradiso to see how they implemented it and the travel name is the lot name. i can't find any items on the destination lot that creates a connection. If you or anyone knows what i am doing wrong i would greatly appreciate the help.

The way to do the scuba surprise is.
1. Make sure you named your underwater caves and named the destination (spelled) correctly.
2. Find the Island paradise' public room marker in buydebug objects. (You should use the one from Island paradise and not from other EP's like late night just to be safe)
3. Place this marker (public room marker) at the island site you want the sim to travel to.
4. You must name the public room marker by pressing ctrl+shift & clicking on the Public room marker. The sim actually travels to the marker, and not the lot.

5. Very important- You should put the public room marker above the water plane (near the shore). Remember the sim was originally swimming in the cave before he/she traveled to the hidden island...And he/she will again start to swim even it's on land. If that happens, the only way that I know how to fix, is to "RESETSIM" cheat... So the marker absolutely needs to be over the water.

6. Then you go ahead with the tutorial for hiding the island.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 8:12 AM
It isn't working for me...for some reason the Uncharted Island Marker isn't showing up in edit in world but is available in Create a World...what am I doing wrong?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 2:31 AM Last edited by nikel23 : 27th Dec 2013 at 3:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by IsaacNocturn
It isn't working for me...for some reason the Uncharted Island Marker isn't showing up in edit in world but is available in Create a World...what am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I don't own CAW so I'm not really sure what's wrong... Does it not appear in debug mode in Edit-In-Game of CAW?

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 7:08 AM Last edited by IsaacNocturn : 27th Dec 2013 at 7:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Sorry, I don't own CAW so I'm not really sure what's wrong... Does it not appear in debug mode in Edit-In-Game of CAW?

It's not in the debug mode in Edit-In-Game but shows up in CAW...but I can't use it because it's not on a lot and the settings aren't available.

Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 9:34 AM
OK! Think I fixed the issue...I thought I put the package in the right folder but...I didn't. Thanks! :-)
Test Subject
#31 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 3:57 PM
Thank you for this mod. I have used it in CAW to create 6 uncharted islands. I wonder what the function of ep10hiddenislandfiller0 ... filler2 is? In my experiments these fillers have some clouds, but don't preclude a Sims entry into the hidden island.

Thanks Art
Alchemist
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 4:47 PM
I guess those are just used for additional fog density. The non-filler effects are still what are essential. Not THAT essential, though. A lot can still be considered "hidden" with the marker without any fog, but Sims can click on the lot and visit it (I don't know if they'd visit it autonomously. I added the marker in an empty lot). The fog is what makes players or Sims unable to access it.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 1:34 PM
not dowlode ((((
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 12:35 AM
Link mod is dead (( Plz, upload it back!
Test Subject
#35 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Builibou
Link mod is dead (( Plz, upload it back!

sorry, i don't know why i tried again and it's works thanks you
Field Researcher
#36 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 10:53 PM
actually u dont need a mod, I just went to isla paradiso and placed a random person and made her go to the beryl shoals uncharted island and unlock it, and while the fog cleared i went into buy mode and put the island marker in her fam inventory, saved the family to the bin and placed her in the town i needed the uncharted island marker for. it worked perfectly fine without the mod
Alchemist
Original Poster
#37 Old 25th May 2016 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by themysteriouscorn
actually u dont need a mod, I just went to isla paradiso and placed a random person and made her go to the beryl shoals uncharted island and unlock it, and while the fog cleared i went into buy mode and put the island marker in her fam inventory, saved the family to the bin and placed her in the town i needed the uncharted island marker for. it worked perfectly fine without the mod

Yes, but that is a lot of work compared to just downloading the mod. .

Just call me Nikel
Page 2 of 2