Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:56 PM
Default Steps and terrain
Hi! I am having a little problem with steps in my project.

I am building a house and I want it to have two step stairs leading up to the doors. Know, I finally found a way how to make two-step stairs from a equal height foundation.
My question is, can two step stairs be made on a terrain? Four step stairs work great on terrain, one step stairs are a little tricky, but still work with the right terrain height.
With two step stairs I am having a problem.
I really hope there is a satisfying answer out there.

ThunderWoodSimmer
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 2:13 PM
Have you tried holding down alt while placing the stairs?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Have you tried holding down alt while placing the stairs?

I did, that's how I managed to put stairs on my two and three steps high foundations. I admit I only found that tip today, after having trouble placing the stairs on the said foundations, but that does not seem to work on the terrain though. I can place one step, four etc, but not two. Although, I found a way to do what I wanted using foundations instead.

ThunderWoodSimmer
mature minion
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 7:43 PM
You certainly can have a two-step high foundation with stairs reaching the terrain from them. Which bit are you struggling with, getting the foundation to exactly two steps high or placing the stairs to the terrain?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 12:00 PM Last edited by KittyCatInDaWoods : 23rd Jan 2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Additional info
Quote: Originally posted by Tee Hee She
You certainly can have a two-step high foundation with stairs reaching the terrain from them. Which bit are you struggling with, getting the foundation to exactly two steps high or placing the stairs to the terrain?

Placing the stairs on the terrain. I can place one step, four and so on, but when it comes to 2 or 3 step stairs, it doesn't work.

And the stairs are only on terrain, no foundations or anything.

ThunderWoodSimmer
dodgy builder
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 12:44 PM
What I usually do is just to hold down the cursor with a stair attached and drag just a bit. It can be a hassle getting it right. You could just make the ground a bit lower with the terrain tool, and then put the stairs down.

If not even that works you could look at what mods you have installed. Maybe they are interferring with the tool.

... but as I said it can be a real hassle.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tee Hee She

Tee Hee She, a little off-topic I'd like your opinion on a project I am working on.

It's here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments

On the second page, there are two latest pictures (comment 41). When I posted them, I wanted to know if I could have the tiles align with the ground (like if the floor could continue from the terrain up to the floor that's on top of the walls), but now I have a different question about that.

I' post my question on that thread.

ThunderWoodSimmer