Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:48 AM
Default Cancelled / Incomplete actions?
Similar to the problem someone had about Sims not going to sleep despite being told to and the action being in the queue (which is also a problem I have), but sometimes my Sims will just stop whatever I've told them to do in favor of...just standing around. This happens most often when doing homework or eating, which leaves their respective things lying around, which drives me crazy. Especially seeing all the half-eaten food everywhere and hunting down which stupid teen left their homework on the table. Is there some sort of fix for this?

Also, it seems like the autonomy in general of my sims has gone down. Before, they were able to take care of themselves really well and there was less simulation lag. But now even pausing causes a lot of delayed actions to be performed. For example, Sim A talking to Sim B, I pause the game to queue up some stuff for Sim C who is standing around doing nothing. Sim A's queue will continue to perform chatting options as if the game were unpaused. Again, I had this problem before but it was never this bad.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th May 2018 at 4:14 AM
Aye, I've had similar issues but the only reliable fix I've found is simply to reset the sim or sims in question. Sometimes it works, sometimes the glitched action stays in the queue regardless and requires a restart to get rid of it, but usually the reset makes the game playable again so the glitched action isn't really an issue except to my OCD. I dunno, it's just one of those things that EA has never been able to get quite right in the sims series. Plus, I'm sure mods play a slight factor.

Anyway, just use the resetsim console command and if it doesn't work, give it a restart.

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th May 2018 at 2:55 PM
i hate this issue. it took me over 2 in game hours to get my two toddlers to sleep because it kept just dropping out of there queue continuously.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th May 2018 at 4:16 PM
Noticed the more sims you got on your lot, the longer is takes to pause/unpause, as for queue dropping you really got to live with, it just the way TS4 works.

To be sure, they complete a command, I make sure I just a queue the same action at least three times in row.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th May 2018 at 1:09 PM
With toddlers, it seems to work best if you click on the object and queue it up for the parent rather than have the toddler ask the parent or vice versa. So, click on the bed and choose, 'read to sleep', or click on the bath and choose 'give bath', and then select which toddler to put to bed or bathe.

I've had problems with beds (no mods or cc) any time they are against a wall, whether double or single. If a Sim can't get into bed on the side they want, it gets stuck in the queue, and the only thing that has worked for me is to delete the bed. Another thing that seems to get stuck is a mysterious interaction after the monster wakes the child up. I can't remember what the stuck item is called (maybe 'see what's happening'), but it's actually the last part of the parent spraying the monster - they hug the kid. You have to let the whole thing play out, or that interaction never finishes and gets stuck in the queue.