Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 9:11 PM
Default How would I go about making a tiara?!
I'm pretty new to Blender but I have been following a lot of tutorials to get myself acquainted with creating. One thing I haven't been able to find is a tutorial on creating something like a tiara, which is what I'm trying to do. Can anybody help me on where to start (like how to create the shape) or would that be too complicated for a beginner...? I've successfully completed making an earring accessory using this tutorial, but I'm at a loss for where to start with a tiara
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 11:14 PM
If it was me I'd start by cloning a hat, preferably a top hat or similar shape. That'll give you a mesh that's in the right place and has the right bone weights and uv-1. You can then remove the top and brim and shape it. Later if you want you could change the shader to SimGlass and use the texture to get a filigree pattern or whatever. And since hats are set up to interact with hair in a way you don't want for a tiara you should clone an accessory and import the mesh into it. When done you could probably change the category to hat if you want.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
If it was me I'd start by cloning a hat, preferably a top hat or similar shape. That'll give you a mesh that's in the right place and has the right bone weights and uv-1. You can then remove the top and brim and shape it. Later if you want you could change the shader to SimGlass and use the texture to get a filigree pattern or whatever. And since hats are set up to interact with hair in a way you don't want for a tiara you should clone an accessory and import the mesh into it. When done you could probably change the category to hat if you want.

I'm not familiar with SimGlass. Where would I find it? Sorry, I'm really new to this (love your CC btw)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 11:45 AM
I assume you're using Sims 4 Studio and here's a tutorial: http://sims4studio.com/thread/104/m...ge-shader-using

A tiara using SimGlass may have transparency issues with hair that also uses it - meaning the tiara may show trough the hair or vice-versa. You'll have to experiment.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I assume you're using Sims 4 Studio and here's a tutorial: http://sims4studio.com/thread/104/m...ge-shader-using

A tiara using SimGlass may have transparency issues with hair that also uses it - meaning the tiara may show trough the hair or vice-versa. You'll have to experiment.

Yes I am using Sims 4 Studio and I found that setting, thanks. If I post a pic of what I'm trying to achieve would you be willing to give me some pointers on how to shape the exported s4s mesh? (Like what blender object might be best to use)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 12:13 AM
I'm sorry but I don't use Blender except for a little testing - I can barely import a mesh and move a few vertices. Sorry! There are a lot of tutorials out there for Blender, though.