Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oesau13
I'd like to see some curly hair textures, and much much more historical stuff from like Napoleonic era (there was someone working on stuff, but they never finished it), more tack for the horses, and some short hairstyles that look good on men AND women.

What I'd really like to see is more unisex stuff. I know there are mods for some of it, but I have friends all over the gender spectrum and it's hard for them to make themselves in their games.

Infinitely more ethnic stuff too. There needs to be a whole lot more of that.

Oh, agreed. There are some nice Empire dresses at TSR but they're not enough. Weird that there's not many Napoleonic stuff for TS3 - it's a time period that, while not as popular as medieval, has a devoted fanbase on TS2-4 community.

Seconding the ethnic stuff too - last time I got some nice furisode (female kimono with very long hanging sleeves), it was from TS1.

For unisex stuff, Venusprincess is doing a good job with her stuff, but she's still just one simmer. For unisex shorter hairstyles, it's good to find some old Peggy hairs, some are already MF by default with no need of S3PE re-categorizing. Same for Newsea. It gets harder to find short hair by Western creators though, since Western hairs are less voluminous and need remeshing to fit the heads properly in different genders.

Curly hairs are not as impossible to find as it was some years ago, but they're high-poly by nature if you want the pretty defined meshed ringlets. There's a TS4 curly hair that I would love to see converted, but the most I can convert is clutter.

And because I forgot to add on my last reply, I would love to find extracted cut gem meshes made recolorable - a true deep purple amethyst, aquamarines and black onyxes would be very cool to have. Most CC crystal stuff is not as shiny and delicate as the EA ones. Of course, outright custom gems that could be spawned would be the best, but I really doubt it's possible to do.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 4:52 PM
More maternity clothing options. I know that there's a bunch of stuff out there, I already have probably most of it, and it still doesn't feel like enough.
#28 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Oesau13
Infinitely more ethnic stuff too. There needs to be a whole lot more of that.

I don't understand what this means. Like various cultural stuff from around the world, or do you have specific ethnic groups in mind?
Forum Resident
#29 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 5:48 AM
Literally one of the only things I've wanted for years is a punching bag. I think Sandy had one over at ATS3, but I don't think it was ever animated. I was so mad that TS4 has one. The ONE thing I've wanted since forever, and it's... there.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#30 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Literally one of the only things I've wanted for years is a punching bag. I think Sandy had one over at ATS3, but I don't think it was ever animated. I was so mad that TS4 has one. The ONE thing I've wanted since forever, and it's... there.

I DO remember I used to have a punching bag in my game that had the animations for the Martial Arts training dummy! It's out there somewhere, I just have no idea where I got it. Unless it's the ATS3 is the one you're referring to
Inventor
#31 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 9:37 AM
I always wanted mods that makes toddlers go to bed by themselves, children doing alchemy, children in hottub and children doing magic. Fortunately there are talented modders that thought the same thoughts and made those mods.
Alchemist
#32 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 1:22 PM
Overall I wish TS3 had an "Advanced Settings" menu, where you could fine-tune certain behavior that mods currently handle. One example that comes to mind that wouldn't be too micro-managing is occult population control that comes with Nraas Story Progression. A slider that would control the percentage of occult sims in town (10%? half? everyone?) would be welcome, along with a way to conceal those occults from the public, like having an on/off toggle for visual effects like fairy wings and vampire skin glow. Couple that with EA's existing options and you could have a town with 10% fairies and none of the other occults.

As for objects, I wish existing EA hairs were more high poly. Too often do I see a nice hair, only to find it looks like cardboard in-game and not even a retexture can save it. I understand the concern of playability on more low-end computers, but come on - lowering the polycount to this point looks awful (third hair):

This is even more obvious with hair that's supposed to be curly, like the ones that came with Seasons: http://oneeuromutt.tumblr.com/post/...placement-no-hq

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#33 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 5:34 PM
I don't think those hairstyles you're showing here are particularly bad; they're definitely not ones I use with any sort of frequency but that's because of the style, not the polycount. Those Seasons hairs do look particularly bad though, and I actively avoid them.
Speaking of hair: Still sorely missing big floofy permed hairstyles. I know it's not something the game engine is very cooperative with, low density hairstyles with large volume, but it's near-impossible to continue creating Sims without certain appropriate hairstyles. None of the game's hairstyles are big or poofy enough, and there's nothing on offer on the Maxis Match side of things either. You should see what I'm having to use as substitutes.....absolutely awful.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#34 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Overall I wish TS3 had an "Advanced Settings" menu, where you could fine-tune certain behavior that mods currently handle. One example that comes to mind that wouldn't be too micro-managing is occult population control that comes with Nraas Story Progression. A slider that would control the percentage of occult sims in town (10%? half? everyone?) would be welcome, along with a way to conceal those occults from the public, like having an on/off toggle for visual effects like fairy wings and vampire skin glow. Couple that with EA's existing options and you could have a town with 10% fairies and none of the other occults.

As for objects, I wish existing EA hairs were more high poly. Too often do I see a nice hair, only to find it looks like cardboard in-game and not even a retexture can save it. I understand the concern of playability on more low-end computers, but come on - lowering the polycount to this point looks awful (third hair):

This is even more obvious with hair that's supposed to be curly, like the ones that came with Seasons: http://oneeuromutt.tumblr.com/post/...placement-no-hq

Nraas SP can control Occult population. It controls the percentage. Have you tried it?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Alchemist
#35 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Nraas SP can control Occult population. It controls the percentage. Have you tried it?

I've seen the option, but never found the opportunity to finetune it (something always pops up whenever I want to set up an occult-centered game ).
I was more expressing the desire for EA to provide these options. A lot of people have graciously donated their time and knowledge to create mods, but IMO some features should've been provided by EA.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
#36 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 8:31 PM
Fake windows that light up at night when I don't feel like using shells or roof decor from Roaring Heights. Bonus points if it is visible far away. It's weird since homes and buildings (not shells) are too dark when viewing at a distance at night. Sometimes I fake it by using walls from the paneling category and lights. Come to think of it, images of beta Sunset Valley used to have lot impostors or low-quality distant lots with window panes that light up at night, I dunno why it hasn't been included at the release. But again, I don't want my abandoned, derelict structures to look a tad cozy.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paul_dion011089
Fake windows that light up at night when I don't feel like using shells or roof decor from Roaring Heights. Bonus points if it is visible far away. It's weird since homes and buildings (not shells) are too dark when viewing at a distance at night. Sometimes I fake it by using walls from the paneling category and lights. Come to think of it, images of beta Sunset Valley used to have lot impostors or low-quality distant lots with window panes that light up at night, I dunno why it hasn't been included at the release. But again, I don't want my abandoned, derelict structures to look a tad cozy.

More on this- I would love a set of default replacements that made the exterior panes of windows less transparent and more reflective.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 1:15 AM
I've always wanted default-replacement diagonal roof types that match up with their respective normal ones.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I don't understand what this means. Like various cultural stuff from around the world, or do you have specific ethnic groups in mind?

Both, if I can get 'em. I'd love to see more stuff from around the world, and more inclusion of other cultures in the sims. The sims is an inclusive game, but it could go much further with CC. I'd ideally like to see all cultures and ethnicities represented, so that everyone can play their game as they wish and have sims that represent them and their lifestyles.

Also would like to see more historical cultures and what not, too.

Yes, I DO hoard CC! Why do you ask? (rhetorical, not a question)
Mad Poster
#40 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
More on this- I would love a set of default replacements that made the exterior panes of windows less transparent and more reflective.

I have a transparent mirror in my game - I'm not sure who made it, and it's not a real mirror - but it's essentially a slightly tinted, reflective pane of glass. Placing it inside wall segments with windows in them can create this illusion. But if I recall correctly from a day one version of TS3 I once messed around with a couple of years ago, the base game had glossy windows by default. Not sure why they ever took that out. The reflections looked quite nice.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#41 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:49 PM
Is it this one? http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1072/

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#42 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:56 PM
No, not that one. If I recall correctly the creator sent it to me, I don't know where or if they uploaded it.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#43 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 6:41 AM
Decorative counter pieces, that match the maxis ones, made for diagonal corners. This needs to exist, and I don't know why it doesn't.
Page 2 of 2