Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 1:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default HoodChecker Tricou Family
i'm creating another clean hood because i am unhappy with the one i previously created and i am in the process of creating a fresh Downtown. no sims were added in yet, however when i created a new Downtown (i did not press the actual Downtown and instead started from a fresh, new template) and checked the hood via HoodChecker for no apparent reason, what appeared is in the attached pic.

why does HoodChecker have these "Incorrect Subject Instance"s when there is no House of Fallen trees even in the neighborhood, thus no tricou family crap? i want a neighborhood as clean as possible and w/o these tricou family messages because in my other hood, a sim was chatting with another sim on the computer, and an empty thought bubble appeared. i knew that was bad and wasn't going to save my game but wanted to see what else would happen. then, in her thought bubble, there was Jennicor Tricou's portrait but i never messed with the tricous. in that hood the house of fallen trees was there because i let the game create the original downtown. i just don't want the dead family to somehow screw something up. i also have the cleaned up downtown template installed in the Program Files Downtown folder. if you can reassure me that these instances are harmless that would be great, hoodchecker seems to fix them fine but i don't know why they are there in the first place.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 8:48 AM
I get these errors in every new neighborhood and they'll return until I load the Tricou lots (both the house and the graveyard) and save once. After that they disappear. No idea what's causing them, but it seems harmless enough.
Inventor
#3 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 12:27 PM
fluffyfeather, I noticed that you mentioned clean template - if you don't use an empty template, the default downtownies (technically including the Tricous, although they'll be in the Default family since they're deceased) will be added to your hood even though you start from a new map. The same thing happens when you add the other subhoods that contain sims - they'll be added unless you use an empty template to start with, similar to how the Pleasantview townies are added to new hoods unless you use an empty PV template or at least a clean PV template without townies.

The Tricous' character files seem to have been added to the hood from the clean template - you can't see them in-game unless you teleport them in, but they should be in the Default family if you check through SimPE or other means. If you have Pescado's nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath and no plans to play them, you can just have the HoodChecker clean up the incorrect instances and let the Tricous lurk in the background. If you want to err on the side of caution, however, you could respawn their graves and move them into a public graveyard so that you can monitor them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
fluffyfeather, I noticed that you mentioned clean template - if you don't use an empty template, the default downtownies (technically including the Tricous, although they'll be in the Default family since they're deceased) will be added to your hood even though you start from a new map. The same thing happens when you add the other subhoods that contain sims - they'll be added unless you use an empty template to start with, similar to how the Pleasantview townies are added to new hoods unless you use an empty PV template or at least a clean PV template without townies.

The Tricous' character files seem to have been added to the hood from the clean template - you can't see them in-game unless you teleport them in, but they should be in the Default family if you check through SimPE or other means. If you have Pescado's nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath and no plans to play them, you can just have the HoodChecker clean up the incorrect instances and let the Tricous lurk in the background. If you want to err on the side of caution, however, you could respawn their graves and move them into a public graveyard so that you can monitor them.

thank you so much for that link. i thought i had been using an empty template for Downtown this whole time, but i guess i got clean and empty confused for some time now. this makes so much more sense because there aren't any character files in the D001 template, thanks so much! unfortunately i have to recreate my hood again but i'll do whatever i have to do to get rid of that Tricou family. you're awesome