Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 9:11 AM
Default How to make CAS items without using Milkshape.
Is there a way to create CAS items with tools other than Milkshape in sims 3?

Is it possible to create CAS items only with Blender and MeshToolKit without using Milkshape?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 2:28 PM
Considering that there are a lot of tutorials on how to make objects for Sims 3 using Blender, and that CAS items are Sims 3 objects in another context, I would say that as long as your program can produce a mesh in the right format you're good to go no matter which one you use.

But you might need to get plugins for Blender.

http://modthesims.info/t/355471

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 11:47 AM
Hi there!

Do keep in mind that if you're only using Blender, it will make it harder to just import it into TSRW. Now with S3PE it is possible to reimport it of course but it might make things harder, but it's worth a try! Else, what I usually do is:

- Create the mesh in Blender
- Export and import it into Milkshape
- Only thing I do in Milkshape is fixing edges, seams, normals that Blender can't fix (or can't fix easily)
- Export it as WSO file
- Import it into TSRW

Now obviously it's different if you use S3PE to create CASparts which is also possible! There's actually quite a few tutorials on here explaining that but if you're looking for a GEOM plugin that might work. Although I do think this plugin doesn't support EA's new RIG but only grannyRig (Which is the rig before the pets patch so it might be outdated) So for a more recent one I'd suggest this one: http://modthesims.info/t/443780