Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:42 PM
Default Realistic Farming
Is there a mod that gets rid of steak, egg, burger, and cheese plants? Perhaps one that uses the dairy coral to harvest steak, burger, and maybe a butter and cheese maker that uses milk? Something like that. Also maybe a mod that gets rid of money trees or makes them less OP? Thanks for your time.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 12:17 AM
But you can just not plant them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 12:20 AM
I'd still like to get steak and cheese and whatnot, just not from plants because why?
Inventor
#4 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech
I'd still like to get steak and cheese and whatnot, just not from plants because why?

Fair enough
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 12:57 AM Last edited by igazor : 7th Nov 2018 at 12:05 AM.
Wait, you mean that's not where these things come from in real life? I gotta get out of the city more often...

The only use for fresh cow's milk outside of what is provided for in the Farm Fresh store set I've ever seen is included in the Canning Station Overhaul mod; of course you must have the canning station to begin with.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580462

On the money trees and other silly harvestables, I usually have my dedicated gardeners plant one instance of each anyway and get rid of the plants/trees after they are each harvested once so they get credit for the harvestables on their way to 100% (which very few ever get to given how many custom crops I have in my game). For other sims who would be less fanatic about it all or who are more casual hobbyist gardeners than really farmers, I just don't bother with these.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Wait, you mean that's not where these things come from in real life? I gotta get out of the city more often...

The only use for fresh cow's milk outside of what is provided for in the Farm Fresh store set I've ever seen is provided for by the Canning Station Overhaul mod; of course you must have the canning station to begin with.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580462
I desperately want the canning station but I'm out of simpoints and the link to buy new ones is broken. Very frustrating.

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
On the money trees and other silly harvestables, I usually have my dedicated gardeners plant one of each instance anyway and get rid of the plants/trees after they are each harvested once so they get credit for the harvestables on their way to 100% (which very few ever get to given how many custom crops I have in my game). For other sims who would be less fanatic about it all or who are more casual hobbyist gardeners than really farmers, I just don't bother with these.
Same. I had to make rules about money trees especially after my "rustic/roughing it" sims became millionaires.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech
I desperately want the canning station but I'm out of simpoints and the link to buy new ones is broken. Very frustrating.

Sim points have to be purchased by way of Origin now, either the Origin client program or the origin.com website. The TS3 store no longer handles cash/credit card transactions, only points. If your credentials are the same on both Origin (origin.com) and the TS3 store, then the points show up on your store balance soon after purchase or you get a code to redeem.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:11 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 29th Oct 2018 at 12:59 PM.
Do the potatoes, garlic and onions plants fall in this category? I finally got past root crops growing on plants like they were bell peppers or tomatoes.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#9 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Do the potatoes, garlic and onions plants fall in this category? I finally got past root crops growing on plants like they were bell peppers or tomatoes.

Maybe they are Australian versions. Because in Australia, where everything grows upside down, the bell pepper and tomatoes grow like root crops.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 4:41 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 12th Nov 2018 at 4:46 AM. Reason: add link to documentation
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
...like they were bell peppers or tomatoes.
Quote: Originally posted by mitrak_nl
...Australian versions...
There must be rational explanations for these variant edibles. For example, I have long maintained that Sim lettuce makes more sense if we suppose it to be genetically close to Brussels sprouts, rather than a variant of the Outside World's lettuce.