Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 11:10 PM
Default Questions regarding using the Cowplant plus Resurrect-O-Nomitron to create codependent immortality
So... I've got a household in which rogue botanist Raven Nigmos (yes, related) is keeping a test subject hostage along with a cowplant and a Resurrect-O-Nomitron. The subject eats the cake, dies, Raven drinks him, and then she shells out ten grand to bring him back at the beginning of his life cycle. As long as the subject continues to eat the plant once every five days, and Raven keeps throwing money at the Grim Reaper, both parties should remain co-dependently immortal.

Of courses, I couldn't wait five days. The subject has been eating the plant almost every cycle, has died at least ten times, and Raven just keeps drinking him and bringing him back, so I have some questions regarding the tenability of this experiment.

First off, I presume Raven's lifespan is well beyond "29 days left" at this point. She doesn't age, even after I took her off the milk for a bit. Am I correct in also assuming the added days are accumulating behind the game interface? For example, it says 29 days, but it's really 40 or something... As the number adds up, will this lead to adverse effects (possible corruption)?

Secondly, do repeated resurrections have any effect on a sim's character file? Will the subject come back shredded one day?

Lastly, do compulsive deaths and/or resurrections contribute generally to game corruption?

Thanks, people who know more than me!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 9:06 AM
I have killed and resurrected many Sims, many times, at once even having around 80 frozen (using the freezer clock mod) resurrected Sims on one lot! Grim wasn't pleased that the upper bedroom was fulled with living statues, where was Ophelia Nigmos gonna sleep for the night over?

If it causes corruption I'm either really lucky or just haven't done it enough.
I doubt it will cause corruption as all that occurs is the addition (during death) and removal (during resurrection) of the "I am dead" token from a sims inventory.
I don't know about hidden day accumulation so I can't answer that definitively.
only upon maxing out the character memory with I drank X, Resurrected X, I drank X, Resurrected X, I drank X, Resurrected X, I drank X, Resurrected X, Etc...
I believe would it cause corruption but I doubt that it would be reachable through even compulsive repetition. However I do not have more concrete numbers at the moment.

Also since I presume that the test subject is custom they should have complete character data and be fine.

I hope this is decipherable for you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 5:22 PM
Thanks! I'll keep the memory bit in mind. Worst case scenario, tabula rasa! Muahaha!
Alchemist
#4 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 8:37 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 12th Feb 2019 at 10:25 PM.
actual number of days left are shown in SimPE; Sim Description resource.
have not checked, but various hacks might also be able to show actual number of days left.

days left in sim's panel; the age's "default" length would be shown if actual days left is over that number.

edit:: a better way for immortal sims might be to convert them to zombies and/or to vampires.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 5:19 AM
Be much easier if you just turned the sims aging off. <laughs>
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
actual number of days left are shown in SimPE; Sim Description resource.
have not checked, but various hacks might also be able to show actual number of days left.

I use Inge's "Days-Left Shrub" for things like that.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm
Scholar
#7 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 3:22 PM
I'm actually going to rezz Erin Beaker (correct name from Tarlia's Clean Strangetown hood) and Kristin Loste from my graveyard...
Why ? Well, there's enough townies and playables atm, but I just miss seeing them wander around. :p
I think as long as the character has a full file, they can be bumped off and rezzed interminably without corruption.

" Inama Nushif "
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 3:01 PM
As for the first question, I change the ages of Sims a lot, and "29 days left" is just the maximum that the game is able to display. If at the real 29 days left Raven drank the milk, she had really 34 days left, even though the game doesn't say this. Just wait 6 days and it will say "28 days left".
I never had any corruption with it. However I also never play 'hoods more than a few months, so I'm not 100% sure.
Alchemist
#9 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
Be much easier if you just turned the sims aging off. <laughs>

easier if you want all household members to not age. though not sure whether that is permanent or temporary.
for just specific household members zombie/vampire might be the only way. or servo if you want to create a non-aging member.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 8:02 AM
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2419

BO's mod lets you turn off aging for individual sims. It has quite a few options.