Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:00 PM
Default custom content updating
Id love to play the Sims 4 having the updates and some new EPs, as my hasn't been updated since 2016. But I'm worried about cc. Most of my cc and mods now is from 2014/15 and I've heard that somewhere along the line the cccc system got changed, and ppl have been saying you have to "fix" old cc. Other have said the most new cc and mids should still be too to go. I'm just really wondering about that, as my concern is not the long updating, or new EPs, but what I've heard in regards to the cc/mods.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
Id love to play the Sims 4 having the updates and some new EPs, as my hasn't been updated since 2016. But I'm worried about cc. Most of my cc and mods now is from 2014/15 and I've heard that somewhere along the line the cccc system got changed, and ppl have been saying you have to "fix" old cc. Other have said the most new cc and mids should still be too to go. I'm just really wondering about that, as my concern is not the long updating, or new EPs, but what I've heard in regards to the cc/mods.

You can download Sims4studio and use their batch fixes to update your cc - it's the only way besides going to the creator of the cc and see if they've updated it - other than that you have to remove the old cc if it's messing up your game. Definitely update your game - with patch fixes or updates, most cc will be fine.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2019 at 6:14 PM
Guess what I'll do is back up my cc, update, put the cc back and see. I'll update any cc if need be. Have I missed out in a lot of fun/cool stuff from updates since 2016?
Scholar
#4 Old 21st May 2019 at 6:21 PM
The Sims4Studio batch fixes are only for cc (CAS/Build/Buy meshes and recolors)
but you will have to take out ALL of your mods (anything that adds/alters the game files, tuning and script mods)
put it in a different folder on your Desktop or something, and just use it as a list to check if any of that is still around and have a working version that is compatible with the latest patch.

here's a tutorial about batch fixing cc items with Sims 4 Studio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFJ0QlRdH70

* cc foods / harvestables are considered mods for this note. they had to be updated by their creators.
* traits / careers / aspirations are mods as well.
* if you find something that is outdated here at MTS check the comments section of that mod as sometimes other creators are updating it and posting it there.