Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

tancred

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 15540 (Who?), Viewed: 354427 times.
Page 622 of 622
Mad Poster
#15526 Old Yesterday at 3:52 AM
I usually don't have very intellectually curious pixels, is why. They're mostly jocks and social climbers-at least in Tinsel Town.

My question: What is in that Twikki Boardwalk lot that keeps it from loading in my game? I'd like to at least see it, but it never loads. My game is fussy about lot sizes, I know but this is ridiculous! I'm going to have to delete it because it's just too much for the poor computer to tolerate. Too bad. I'll just have to make my own boardwalk...and before anyone asks, the graphics card is up to spec, the computer speed is fine. Just my game does not like large lots at all. Any bigger than 3x3 and it just refuses to load. Darn this machine!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Instructor
#15527 Old Yesterday at 4:31 AM
Is there a reason why one sim file in my SavedSims folder keeps bloating up? This happened once before and I deleted him when compressing didn't work, and now it's happening again. While all of my other saved sims files are like, 100-200~ KB, this one in particular is over 10k KB and I've had this sim in for weeks and he just now started (he also appears under today's date when I created him almost 3 weeks ago)

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Scholar
#15528 Old Yesterday at 5:43 AM
What are these? They're slowing my game down to a crawl.

Moved to Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#15529 Old Yesterday at 5:50 AM
What is? The shooting star?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#15530 Old Yesterday at 5:55 AM
Whatever it is, it seems to be the cause of my sudden framerate drop. They're showing up one after another.

Moved to Tumblr.
Scholar
#15531 Old Yesterday at 7:41 AM
What exactly does a hobby plaque DO? My sim was given one (I rarely do anything with hobbies) and I can't find much information about it beyond "boosts environment". More details?
Mad Poster
#15532 Old Yesterday at 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciBirg
What exactly does a hobby plaque DO? My sim was given one (I rarely do anything with hobbies) and I can't find much information about it beyond "boosts environment". More details?

Bugger all. Just serves as a reminder that you got that far in the hobby, like a certificate.
Alchemist
#15533 Old Yesterday at 11:40 AM
Is Almighty_Hat still around? She hasn't posted on her dreamdwidth since 2017.
I really wanted this Female hair stubble but the link is for something else. Someone's mentioned the error a year ago but it's not been fixed so I presume she's gone completely and the hair isn't available.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Tuesday is Soylent Green day!
retired moderator
#15534 Old Yesterday at 1:13 PM
Lab Assistant
#15535 Old Yesterday at 1:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
Is there a reason why one sim file in my SavedSims folder keeps bloating up? This happened once before and I deleted him when compressing didn't work, and now it's happening again. While all of my other saved sims files are like, 100-200~ KB, this one in particular is over 10k KB and I've had this sim in for weeks and he just now started (he also appears under today's date when I created him almost 3 weeks ago)

The only way I heard of this happening, is if there some way that he's connected to a character file in one of your hoods.

Currently Playing:
Beginning of Pleasantview
Springgrass (Integrated hood)

My Simblr: LittleBitSims

Want Danies-simsational-blog's Sunset Valley hood as a subhood? Download it here.

Mad Poster
#15536 Old Yesterday at 1:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
Is Almighty_Hat still around? She hasn't posted on her dreamdwidth since 2017.
I really wanted this Female hair stubble but the link is for something else. Someone's mentioned the error a year ago but it's not been fixed so I presume she's gone completely and the hair isn't available.

I asked her about a hair a couple of months ago and got no response, so maybe she has gone. DX
Instructor
#15537 Old Yesterday at 2:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monijt1
The only way I heard of this happening, is if there some way that he's connected to a character file in one of your hoods.

The sim in question is in college right now, but I haven't opened my game for a few weeks now. I only opened Bodyshop last night to check out some CC I installed and that's when I noticed

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Test Subject
DELETED POST
Yesterday at 5:10 PM Last edited by bulbash : Yesterday at 6:52 PM.
This message has been deleted by bulbash.
Alchemist
#15538 Old Yesterday at 7:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
@Bigsimsfan12
Try the link in this snapshot from 2010 on the Web Archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/2010061....org/10557.html
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wnymy...klet%27d%29.zip

Thanks Simsample! I've put them in my game :D

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Link Ninja
#15539 Old Yesterday at 7:38 PM
I have my Neighborhood folder, but somehow, someday in the past it got copied in the folder so I have my N10 folder within a N10 folder. I'm concerned because the main neighborhood file in the second folder shows it is updated when I open the game, along with the main neighborhood file where it's supposed to be. So stupid question: does/should it read both files at once and update them after I save?

I once deleted the entire extra folder in January and then like a week later some sims and lots disappeared so I restored from back up where the duplicate N10 folder is still in the main N10 folder. It just sucks because I have like DOUBLE the amount of data being used.

EA Games>The Sims 2>Neighborhoods>N10 (where current stuff is)>N10(where the main hood file is still updating in addition to the proper one)

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
#15540 Old Yesterday at 8:40 PM
Ok, Contrarys, why are you crashing instead of loading? Jocques load fine . . . why are you being so contrary?

I know, I'll have to move them out and see if I can load them elsewhere. It's a stupid question. New-ish hood, they haven't been played yet.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#15541 Old Today at 1:17 AM
How difficult is it to add skill and enthusiasm gain to a custom object? Are there tutorials around for this sort of thing?

I would love to add Creativity skill and Film & Literature enthusiasm gain to Limonaire's TS4 Buildems Blocks but I have no idea how to go about it or if it's something that I wouldn't stand a chance of being able to do.....
Page 622 of 622