Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing
Replies: 16659 (Who?), Viewed: 382431 times.
Page 667 of 667
Forum Resident
#16651 Old Yesterday at 4:54 PM
Thanks, Sketching, I was going to link those with the same caveat!

Fyren5, since the mega college pack is trying to enable research for YAs on non uni lots, I'm not sure if another global mod would do the trick but you can try them and test them out.

An alternative option might be to instead mod a bookcase or two and disable the autonomy for group research so that when you use that bookcase, no one can do research unless you tell them to. Someone with more modding knowledge can tell us if that should work.

Otherwise... There's Squinge's fun gain while doing research. It should still work with all EPs.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Alchemist
#16652 Old Yesterday at 7:23 PM
Does anybody feel satanic now that participate back a page?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#16653 Old Yesterday at 7:58 PM
What is the easiest/fastest way to make a previously lived-in lot safe to use in another neighborhood? I'm transferring my BACC to a townie-free version so I have to move the lots over. Would it just be easier to rebuild them all, you think?

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Mad Poster
#16654 Old Yesterday at 8:09 PM
Although I can't remember the link for it, Chris Hatch made (or modified?) a tool that cleans out the Sim references. If you give me a few minutes I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Was a bit quicker than I thought. site:modthesims.info "sims 2" "chris hatch" "sim references" brought up this:
http://modthesims.info/t/609188

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Lab Assistant
#16655 Old Yesterday at 8:57 PM
Bulbizarre, you're awesome. Thanks

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Theorist
#16656 Old Yesterday at 10:18 PM
if the files & folder of any Neighborhood were changed to "N000", what would happen?
I know that beginning part of filenames need to match their respective folder.

what are all the letters that the game would recognize in the "Neighborhoods" directory?
shipped version main neighborhoods start with "E", "F", "G", "N".
Field Researcher
#16657 Old Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Thank you @Phantomknight I'll try the Mod you linked to.

A new question for those with a Risky Woohoo Mod:

Do you find you get a "baby boom" a lot in your neighborhood using any Risky Woohoo Mods? I use Syberspunk's because ACR Risky Woohoo never worked for me. Anyway, the Risky Woohoo Mod in Rotation 1 of my new uber/megahood created over 10+ new babies! I wasn't planning on that many babies in the first round. Most didn't even want babies! I like the surprise and all but I feel overwhelmed with the hood right now. LOL. Just asking because I'm curious. I don't know if I might start over without the Mod or not, we'll see. I might continue playing the hood and see what happens, what do you guys suggest? :D
Forum Resident
#16658 Old Yesterday at 11:39 PM
mdsb759, not sure if the game starts its count at zero or not. I would backup and test. I do know that the game should recognize other letters than N--I know I read that another simmer tested that. And you can also fiddle with the numbers and do something like N0199 or whatever. I don't even think you need two zeros in the hood name, though it's been a while since I've played around with neighborhood names. Create some new empty hoods and experiment. Just use a bulk file renamer to rename all the files properly.

And no problem, Fyren5. With ACR and risky woohoo, though, I don't really find that my pregnancy rate is too high, but then again, if I feel like I don't want my sim to have a baby, then I don't let them have one. Can you adjust the risky rate? Perhaps the percentage is too high for you. Also, you could try introducing a rules set/random rolls for whether or not a sim aborts the pregnancy. More about that here: https://eien-herrison.dreamwidth.org/160237.html

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Mad Poster
#16659 Old Yesterday at 11:43 PM
As long as it's 4 characters long, alphanumeric, and matches the interior naming, it doesn't matter what you call it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#16660 Old Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Thanks again, @Phantomknight ! I appreciate the suggestion, I only do that if the Sim is a Romance or Pleasure Aspiration or unless I feel the Sim that is pregnant wouldn't want or care for a baby.. I don't know why. I might incorporate the set/random rolls though. :D

This hood has gone crazy - I normally love uber/megahoods but my current one... Not so much. I love the drama that's happening but the babies are ridiculous. LOL. I might need to "Ask the Wheel" to decide what I should do since I'm really stuck. Do I want to start over with new rules or do I want to continue the hood and add the rules as I play even though there's so many babies and blahhh. LOL. :P
Page 667 of 667