Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 3:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Ocean overflowing over the beach lot, cannot build anything close to it.
Hello, so, recently I've been building an big ''apartmentbase'' near the beach (per see, it's a beach lot) and then something happened.
When the lot opened, I couldn't see the beach as it was when I was building, since the ocean kind of got up, making a empty part on the bottom, which is very disappointing.

Has anyone saw it yet? How can I fix it?

Btw, I can't find any beach lot that didn't get this problem, help?!
(My sims are dying for a beach lot, tbh )
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 10:37 PM
Apartments built on beaches are notoriously buggy, its best to avoid them. You might want to check the portals and see if the ocean one got moved up the beach. Here on MTS Portal Revealer. Apart from that, I am not sure what happened.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 12:21 PM
Quote from the game's readme
"Note that zoning a beach lot into an apartment lot will severely corrupt the ocean and lot terrain and is strongly not recommended."
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 12:45 PM
Well, I knew it was buggy, but I didn't know that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 10:27 PM
@dolcefroot
It's usually just a z value glitch, try this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=302405
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@dolcefroot
It's usually just a z value glitch, try this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=302405

Such a nice tutorial (if only I could find the real link to SimPe), I am such a mess with it, but I'll try asap.
Btw, thanks a lot for that. Have a nice night! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Apartments built on beaches are notoriously buggy, its best to avoid them. You might want to check the portals and see if the ocean one got moved up the beach. Here on MTS Portal Revealer. Apart from that, I am not sure what happened.

UGH, I shouldn't skip to read this noteme...
Kind of explains why it happened tho, geez... Such a nice lot to delete. But thanks for the advice, buddy!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 4:21 AM
I don't have a link right now, but I believe Mootilda or somebody else once posted a tutorial for fixing the bugged beach lots. It involves using SimPE to edit some values.

EDIT: Simsample posted it above. That's what I get for skimming.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#9 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolcefroot
Such a nice tutorial (if only I could find the real link to SimPe), I am such a mess with it, but I'll try asap.
Btw, thanks a lot for that. Have a nice night! :D

Are you looking for the latest version of SimPE? http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...319#post5338319