2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#326 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 2:30 AM
My girl went to Riverview and got pregnant. When that baby had grown to be a teen, she took her to France. The game was on 3x speed one night while they slept. Suddenly, someone ran in and climbed in bed with the mom. I stopped it to see what was going on. It was her baby daddy! They were getting along so well that I decided she could keep him. This may have been a mistake. Their tiny home is getting crowded with their children. :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#327 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 4:42 AM
When that daughter was an adult, she and her dad went to China. Mom stayed home with the other kids. But then she showed up in China as a tourist. Who was caring for the kids? There are no teens or adults left on the island!

I wondered what would happen if they tried for a baby there. If they had traveled together, she probably would have gotten pregnant. But, I doubted it would happen in this case. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find out. Even though they recognized each other as spouses, with full relationship, no romantic actions were available. I couldn't even choose it on the bed.
Lab Assistant
#328 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 12:00 AM
The problem with having no school is that the kids don't age up well. They end up with negative traits that make it hard to find a mate. The mean ones argue or insult people as soon as you turn your back. My latest young adult is snob, slob, grumpy, clumsy and dislikes children. smh
Lab Assistant
#329 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 10:50 PM
Females are easier. You send them on vacation and they come back pregnant. Males are trickier. I came up with a plan. He could go to Riverview and impregnate someone. Then he can take custody of the baby and return to the island when that baby ages up. (Babies can't travel.) His first night in RV, he mated with the first two women he found, just to make sure there was a baby. Three days later, they weren't showing. I still had three days of vacation left, and decided to try again. First, I changed "treat as vacation" to false in NRaas Traveler. Maybe the first attempt failed because he was a tourist. He mated with two more ladies. I was pleased to see that they both grew bellies. On day three, it asked if I wanted to add the baby to my active family. The mother was one of the first pair. All four ladies gave birth on the same day. I guess the first two pregnancies were put on hold those three days. Two of the women had twins. I didn't really have to take all six babies, but I felt bad because the women were all married. Maybe their husbands would be mad and mistreat the children. I had to extend my visit by 2 days until I had 6 toddlers. The island sure is crowded now!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#330 Old 26th May 2022 at 12:21 PM
I started playing. It's quite interesting
Instructor
#331 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 6:35 AM
Again, it's been a long time since I've done this. I had to start over b/c I lost all of my saves including this one. Anyway, I cheated a little bit by having my girl (Lara Middleton) talk to one of the paparazzi's that showed up. He was the only one she talked to. I nuked all the others. I worked up a romantic relationship between them (she was attracted to him immediately on their meeting) and got married. Doing the challenge this way made it a bit more difficult financially. I have her painting and he fishes and dives and is working on the fixer upper car. He's not quite up to the diving spot behind the houseboat yet, but he's getting there. So far, he found one chest. They have just enough money now to buy a table and a comp so she can write books. I also went to buydebug and placed some seed spawners so she can start her garden.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#332 Old 26th Sep 2023 at 4:26 AM Last edited by Gurra09 : 9th Dec 2023 at 10:31 PM.
Hello everyone! It's been over a decade since I first posted this challenge and I haven't interacted much with the thread since but I happened to stop back in here on MTS and felt it was time to say THANK YOU to the community for embracing what was once just a wild idea in my head and making it your own. It fills me with such joy and amazement to see all the custom worlds made by people especially for this challenge and the stories of your sims in isolation popping up in the most random of places. I love it.

Edit: Also the download links had gone bad because tumblr for some reason decided to change my URL without asking me, they have now been updated and work again. I have no idea how long they have been defunct for, so sorry for the inconvenience!

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Test Subject
#333 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gurra09
Hello everyone! It's been over a decade since I first posted this challenge and I haven't interacted much with the thread since but I happened to stop back in here on MTS and felt it was time to say THANK YOU to the community for embracing what was once just a wild idea in my head and making it your own. It fills me with such joy and amazement to see all the custom worlds made by people especially for this challenge and the stories of your sims in isolation popping up in the most random of places. I love it.

Edit: Also the download links had gone bad because tumblr for some reason decided to change my URL without asking me, they have now been updated and work again. I have no idea how long they have been defunct for, so sorry for the inconvenience!

it seems to no longer be available?
Lab Assistant
#334 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sideable
it seems to no longer be available?

worry not, i came from the death to tell you that dropbox link is going and running.
I am also planning on buying this again since i got a new computer (desktop this time, i had always played on my old notebook). This is because my second hand copy I got at a pawn shop and the expansions are... well physical copies and the new PCs lack of disk readers.
However it seems that the sims 3 is still selling at full price and i would have to do the same with many expansions so i am not sure if i should pay twice for my collection or just scrap this game and test something new
Page 14 of 14