Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 12:09 PM
The Curious brothers.
Alien bait.

(No, really! Back when I did play with the premades and before I discovered mods or help topics, they were the only sims I'd manage to get alien pregnant ingame. I had a lot of fun playing them).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 11:03 AM
I have a few.

Also love the Curious brothers! And Nervous Subject. Usually, Pascal marries Nervous and they raise a family together, while Vidcund either has an affair with Circe, or focuses on doing his best to parent the next terror in Strangetown next to the Beakers. Lazlo usually has fun with life, cooking, and gardening, and becomes the favorite uncle. It almost never works out with Crystal Vu. I've been wanting to do more with him lately, though, and have been considering using him for the xenophilia challenge! I also like using Nervous for BACC attempts, with the whole "he escaped and never looked back!" backstory

Then there's Angela and Lilith. Normally, I try to do everything I can to repair their relationship. I never really focus on the relationships between the boyfriends. I liked Lilith and Dirk this go around, but it still didn't work out. This time, the twins' relationship wasn't repaired as quickly as it usually is, and they're still enemies a season into playing their house, especially after Angela witnessed Lilith flirting with someone who wasn't Dirk (who is almost always one of her closest BFFs strangely enough). I also always try to repair the relationship between Lilith and Mary-Sue. This time Mary-Sue kind of did it on her own. They played a lot of chess together.

My next favorite is Cassandra Goth. Usually, she doesn't marry Don. She almost always falls in love with someone else, or catches Don cheating. This someone else has yet to ever be Darren Dreamer. The past couple times, I've changed her aspiration so it's Knowledge/Family, as I personally feel it would be more fitting. I'm also a fan of having her embrace her witchy and (mad) scientist roots. I also always make sure her relationships with Mortimer and Alexander are in good shape. And, I like using Cassandra in BACC attempts and custom 'hoods, usually with her taking over as guardian of Alexander after Mortimer's untimely demise.

I also have a few favorites who always end up in my BACC attempts and as townies in my 'hoods. They are:

Sandy Bruty
Marylena Hamilton
Chester Gieke
Sherman Boggle (cloned, of course!)

You can spy on my sims on tumblr @ejsims
Forum Resident
#28 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 11:29 PM
My favorite (whether they be from a maxis hood or the bin or a custom hood or out of CAS or a townie) happens to be which ever Sim or household I am playing. My play style is to take my time while getting to know each Sim.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 4:18 AM
Bella Goth. Although I am kinda mean to her even though she's my favorite Via Simpe, The Aliens returned Bella Goth to Pleasantview and to the Caliente Sisters "loving care" where she spends her days as Dina's experiment through The Eclectic and Enigmatic Energizer and SensoTwitch Lie Finder. When she sleeps she mostly has nightmares, the thought bubbles show Alexander Goth, herself with a red X through it and sometimes Mortimer or Cassandra
Scholar
#30 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 6:33 PM
I have a lot of favorite Sims so I'll just choose 8, LOL.

Mad Poster
#31 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 6:49 PM
My all-time favorites are the Newbies. I also have an irrational love for the Mashugas. They are just such a sweet couple.

Of the sim 2 originals, I adore Florence (I think her maiden name is Delarosa), the one who owns the plant store. She's a sweet young woman. Last time out I married her to Cyd Roseland. They were okay. I'm a long-term player, so I've done a lot of different things to her.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#32 Old 2nd May 2019 at 9:59 PM
I interacted with the Goths a lot in The Sims 1, but never in The Sims 2. Can't believe Bella is uh... missing. But I plan to do more stuff with the Goths in TS2 soon.

My favorite townie is Meadow Thayer. One of my sims' sons usually dates her.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 3rd May 2019 at 11:02 PM Last edited by carrit : 3rd May 2019 at 11:20 PM.
I honestly love Tara Kat. I love that she's a continuation of a ts1 family. I like to imagine she was adopted by Ginia and that Ginia met Tara through substitute teaching and they formed a bond over their fondness for cats. I always move her into Pleasantview and create my own Ginia Kat and the kill her off via dead token and add her to Tara's family tree. She is also a great alternative partner for Darren Dreamer if I choose not to get him and Cassandra together. 😜

I even made some storytelling pics just for fun.
Screenshots
Scholar
#34 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:14 PM
I'd say,most of veronaville. The town has been one of my favourite since i was young and the characters have so much potential once you get to play them for an extended period of time.For instance,I've started playing a hood which is Europa/Veronaville with a brainania university and I've started to really love every character and see that diverting from the original storyline can make you realise who your favourites are .I'm going to say that Juliette Capp is probably my favourite because despite being the heir apparent to the Capp fortunes she still retaliates and decides to date the family rivals heir.I see her as a woman who will always be unlucky in her choices of lovers in the future after picking romeo,who will most likely end up cheating on her.After her struggle to get pregnant in Europaville i see this as a headcanon now,in conclusion she deserves love just like any other sim such as Bella Goth or Angela Pleasant and on an unrelated note i'm also growing to like Hero Monty and Cordelia Capp.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#35 Old 4th May 2019 at 8:14 PM
If I'm allowed to count Downtownies as pre-mades, then my favourite is Ravi Bertino, one of the Tricou teens. He nay be better known to you as Patrick Teens. He's a Virgo, but, as a Pleasure Sim, I wanted him in an open relationship with my CAS Sim, Jack Gill. I wanted to keep him serious and shy, so, to comply with the rules of Pescado's Romance Mod for open relationships, I gave him 5 extra Nice points, bringing him up to 10. This has helped to make him one of the kindest and most considerate Sims in my game. He really does seem to be a Pleasure Sim who takes delight in giving pleasure to others, and I don't think I've ever seen him treat another Sim in a mean way.

When it comes to the pre-made Playables, then my favourite has to be Ginger Newson. For the way she always, but always, puts the wellbeing of her little siblings before her own. Truth is life has dealt young Ginger a pretty rotten hand, but, for the things that are really important to her, she's playing it very well. Don't judge Ginger by her school grades; she hardly ever manages to get to school. Judge her instead by Gallagher and Gabriella, well turned out and self-confident; meeting them in school or after school, you would never guess the extreme poverty of their home life. Gabriella indeed is doing very well in school. (Georgia and Garrett haven't started school yet, but Ginger and Gavin have decorated their little nursery to make it a pleasant place for them to play.) The Newsons have been through Hell before they arrived in Veronaville. Ginger still finds it impossible to talk about it. Bitter experience has made her and Gavin very distrustful of the adult world, making them wary of accepting help even when it's offered. At least in Veronaville they're being left alone, and no one is trying to break up the family and force them into some brutal so-called "care" system.

If there's any Sim in my game who really deserves some joy in her life, it's Ginger, and I would dearly love to bring her some. Winning her trust could be hard though. I think I need the help of some of the Veronaville teens; she's more likely to trust them than any adult. Unfortunately she has tended to dismiss the teenage boys she has met as "shallow". Really it's not their fault: with the exception of Gavin, whom she regards as a brother, they just don't have her experience of the bad side of life. But recently she met a townie boy who also has a little sister that he's trying to care for, and there seems to be a spark between them. So I'm hopeful that she's found someone who may be right for her.

Ginger's irritability and sometimes quick temper can be off-putting, but underneath it I'm sure she has a heart of pure gold.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#36 Old 5th May 2019 at 2:00 AM
If townies count, Sandy Bruty. I played Apocalypses for a long time, and Sandy kept turning up highly placed in various careers, so I married her into two or three Apocalypse families. Some Sims just can't handle the Apocalypse life and keep whining for things they can't have (ask me about Joe Carr!) but Sandy was a trooper: she adapted to monogamy and motherhood instead of constantly demanding to woohoo five service sims, never rolled fears of having babies or changing diapers, and generally held up like a champ under miserable conditions. I love her. Any time I play a hood with her now I glam her up and try to give her nice things to make up for all the time she plunging toilets and eating charred hot dogs in a dingy, unlit Apocalypse hut.

For premade playables, I've always really liked the Sim State students, especially Jimmy Phoenix and the Greek House kids. Jimmy founded my first successful Apocalypse - he rerolled knowledge, fell madly in love with and married Brandi LeTourneau, and he lifted Education while she lifted Medical. They had a couple of daughters, and Jimmy, bless him, managed to die wearing a general's uniform (he'd joined the military after the kids got a bit older) rather than the hideous outfit he'd aged into. I'll always love him just for that.

I love the Newsons, too. I don't do anything out of the ordinary with them - just focus on having them raise themselves/each other and try to make them as successful and happy as I can. It's always tough - Gavin has a hard time keeping his grades up so he can get a job and try to provide, Ginger barely has any time to herself even though she desperately wants to find someone outside her family to love - but that's what makes them fun. The last time I played them was in a subhood of Emerald Heights, where Ginger managed to meet Soda Pop Bonet, who could really relate to her family situation, and the two of them hit it off. She was able to make friends with some of the girls in the group home, too, particularly Ronda. And I got them all into private school, too, which helped ease Gavin's mind about all their educational prospects. They're doing really well there.
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th May 2019 at 12:34 PM
I like very much Lilith Pleasant.
I don't see her like the bad girl (Angela is the bad girl really) she is fragile and very emotional, her mode to express her feeling and her frustration is to be rebellious like a child who is acting up because his parents do not listen to him.
Because this Is the situation.
Daniel and Mary-sue doesn't listen to Lilith because she's "the wrong one" and instead listen to Angela who is "the perfect daughter".
Lilith needs love and affection from her parents, NOT critique. She has lost hope and does not feel motivated to be better, Angela is better than her in everything, isn't she?

Her name is Lilith, like the first woman in the garden of Eden, first of Eve, who was chased by God for disobeying him.
Angela means "Angel" and it is clear that this great difference was purposely created.
But for me, Angela, more than a pure angel, is like Lucifer who wanted to shine more than the others, sinning with pride...
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 11th May 2019 at 7:58 PM
Can only agree about the Newsons. I always makes up a reason for them to move into a hood, and three things tend to happen: Ginger is unhappy, even when I really try to give her a good life. She might not be made to be happy? My best version was when she had a dog and sewed a lot and then she wanted to marry the hood Casanova. Georgia tends to get family aspiration and Garrett knowledge. The one keeping the family together is usually Georgia due to that.

Could I shake it up? Possibly. But I think the only change I will make in their next life is to buy them a cat that can work so both Ginger and Gavin can focus on the kids. And let Ginger fall in love with a nice girl.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 11th May 2019 at 11:38 PM
Whether Ginger or Gavin is the harder to play and keep happy probably depends on what you do with them, which is (honestly) often as much about the player's unnoticed assumptions about male/female roles in the family as anything else. They don't have any scripted scenarios like the base game families, if that's what you mean by "not made to be happy." She has high playful points and an aspiration-driven tendency to roll romantic wants rather than ones to do homework, so unless you get her a hobby or a pet it can be hard to get her to roll wants you can take care of at home, so those first four days can be rough on her, especially if you get Gavin a job and focus on keeping his grades up so he can keep it, thus dumping all the childcare on her. Playing another household that can fill romantic wants for her without taking time out of her busy schedule is one way to keep Ginger's aspiration high enough to ride through those four days.

The hardest thing about the two oldest Newsons, though, is that they can't learn to study and therefore homework remains a huge drag for them through their entire high school career, unless you move in an adult or elder. Playing the Newsons without an older person is a skill challenge there's no need to subject yourself to every time you play them if you don't feel like it. Moving them in with the Goodies takes most of the pressure right off, as the Goodies will always live through those first four days (barring accidents), and once the twins grow to child the hardest part is over. I also have greatly enjoyed having Leod McGreggor take charge of the lot of them on his farm in Depression Riverblossom, teaching them life skills. Ginger was very easy to handle in that iteration, as I gave her a sewing machine to keep her fun up and generate hobby wants while she searched for the Perfect Girl. Gavin was a little tougher because Leod needed him on the farm rather than letting him earn money directly, but Gavin has a nature OTH and that helped a lot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#40 Old 12th May 2019 at 12:15 AM
Hmm... For me it has to be Don Lothario and Dina Caliente and I always seem to get them together because despite thier faults, they always seem to work well together in my storytelling anyways.

Another one has to be Kevin Beare - where I did a great storytelling during one of my many times playing Pleasantview where he had to overcome a drinking problem during University because he felt like an outcast as no one seemed to like him and the only person at the time that he thought did like him (Heather Huffington) was only interested in him for a dare. Anyways, I went on a long character arc with him which ended with him finding his happy ending in the end.

I have more of course
Field Researcher
#41 Old 12th May 2019 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xirem26
I like very much Lilith Pleasant.
I don't see her like the bad girl (Angela is the bad girl really) she is fragile and very emotional, her mode to express her feeling and her frustration is to be rebellious like a child who is acting up because his parents do not listen to him.
Because this Is the situation.
Daniel and Mary-sue doesn't listen to Lilith because she's "the wrong one" and instead listen to Angela who is "the perfect daughter".
Lilith needs love and affection from her parents, NOT critique. She has lost hope and does not feel motivated to be better, Angela is better than her in everything, isn't she?

Her name is Lilith, like the first woman in the garden of Eden, first of Eve, who was chased by God for disobeying him.
Angela means "Angel" and it is clear that this great difference was purposely created.
But for me, Angela, more than a pure angel, is like Lucifer who wanted to shine more than the others, sinning with pride...

I don't think Lillith is bad, I mean she's not doing crack cocaine like some of the people I knew in middle school

She's just grunge, let the baby emo be.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 12th May 2019 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Whether Ginger or Gavin is the harder to play and keep happy probably depends on what you do with them, which is (honestly) often as much about the player's unnoticed assumptions about male/female roles in the family as anything else. They don't have any scripted scenarios like the base game families, if that's what you mean by "not made to be happy." She has high playful points and an aspiration-driven tendency to roll romantic wants rather than ones to do homework, so unless you get her a hobby or a pet it can be hard to get her to roll wants you can take care of at home, so those first four days can be rough on her, especially if you get Gavin a job and focus on keeping his grades up so he can keep it, thus dumping all the childcare on her. Playing another household that can fill romantic wants for her without taking time out of her busy schedule is one way to keep Ginger's aspiration high enough to ride through those four days.

The hardest thing about the two oldest Newsons, though, is that they can't learn to study and therefore homework remains a huge drag for them through their entire high school career, unless you move in an adult or elder. Playing the Newsons without an older person is a skill challenge there's no need to subject yourself to every time you play them if you don't feel like it. Moving them in with the Goodies takes most of the pressure right off, as the Goodies will always live through those first four days (barring accidents), and once the twins grow to child the hardest part is over. I also have greatly enjoyed having Leod McGreggor take charge of the lot of them on his farm in Depression Riverblossom, teaching them life skills. Ginger was very easy to handle in that iteration, as I gave her a sewing machine to keep her fun up and generate hobby wants while she searched for the Perfect Girl. Gavin was a little tougher because Leod needed him on the farm rather than letting him earn money directly, but Gavin has a nature OTH and that helped a lot.
I don't think my reason for keeping Ginger at home while getting a job for Gavin has anything to do with stereotypical male/female roles. I simply went by their aspirations: Gavin is Fortune, and Fortune Sims like to earn money -- and the Newsons desperately need a regular income. Ginger is Family, which, to my mind naturally goes with her assuming the role of primary carer: I believe her commitment to "her family" is even stronger than Gavin's. In my game neither Gavin nor Ginger goes to school regularly, with only the pittance that Gavin can earn to live on, and two demanding toddlers to care for, they're simply both needed at home most of the time. Ginger only goes to school when Gavin has a day (Monday to Friday) free from work. Then he looks after the toddlers while she's out. (Except that once, due to a glitch, she took Garrett with her to school!) It's about the only time she gets out of the house. The only other time is if she takes Gabriella and Gallagher out for a treat - usually to buy essential groceries, and maybe have a meal out. I don't think Gavin has been to school since they moved in. I get round the problem of falling grades (and hence Gavin losing his job) by enrolling both Ginger and Gavin in Inge's Simlogical Flexi-school. This keeps them at home with their grades frozen. And of course, since they don't go to school, they don't get homework.

Not getting regular homework of course obviates the problem of not learning to study. As far as I can recall, neither Ginger nor Gavin has learned to study so far. However I have found a way to let teens learn to study without any adults living in the house: simply catch a visiting adult, make them selectable (I use Dolphin's Control this Sim), and then ask them to help with homework. Ravi Bertino can remember learning to study from Consort Capp that way!

I suppose using Simlogical Flexi-School that way might seem a bit "cheaty", but I'm not at all a goal-oriented player. I happily use mods and cheats to get the game the way I want it. And, if I made life easier for Ginger and Gavin in one way, I immediately made it harder in another, by turning aging off -- as I always do. So, instead of having two toddlers to look after for four days, they have them for the foreseeable future.

I have to say that my interest in the Newsons was kindled through reading about them in Drama Acres. Quindominion's rather dark take on them in her Live Journal was another big influence.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
#43 Old 12th May 2019 at 10:54 PM
Pleasantview was the first hood I ever played and will always be my favorite.
I love the Goths, Caliente sisters, Don Lothario, and the Brokes, but I especially the Pleasant family. They were actually the first family I ever played, and being in middle school at the time I was fascinated by the infidelity, fighting, drama, and overall complexity of the game.
After I messed up my first Pleasantview as a result of learning how to play the game (lol), I later returned to the Pleasant family and fell in love with them all over again. Their household was toxic, and although I didn't mend anything within the household I did enjoy giving them each a fresh start. Mary Sue and Daniel did try to fix what was left of their relationship, which resulted in a pregnancy, but Daniel ended up dying in a fire and I wasn't too sad about that. Mary Sue moved into a smaller apartment to raise her daughter Danielle with whom she had an excellent relationship with. She also went up the food chain in the criminal career track. Angela and Dustin got engaged while studying at university, and Lilith was happily dating Dirk. I liked how much chaos there was within this family and how individually they were each able to thrive.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 16th May 2019 at 6:35 PM
My current favorite is Georgia Newson, although I like all the Newsons. Gavin and Ginger skipped college so they would have enough money to send the youngest siblings. Georgia ended up being the only one to go. Since she grew up poor, her aspiration was Fortune. She ended up reaching the top of her career and accumulated a lot of wealth. Not forgetting the rest of her family, she sent them money and paid for their children to go to college. She married Julien Cooke (after I gave him new hair and facial hair he was quite handsome). I love the way their genetics mixed to have two daughters, Jasmine and Julia.

Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th May 2019 at 9:26 PM
Got quite a few - Brandon Lillard and Goopy GilsCarbo, though I also like Clarence Philippine because he looks like such a rough punk type but he's a real sweetheart and a good daddy (even if the babies he gets come from abductions).
Page 2 of 2