Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 11:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default DirectX error
So I decided to revisit the Sims 2 after a few months and when I attempt to open it I am greeted by this error:

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!

I've had Graphics Rules Maker and I'm pretty sure i've had both directX 9 and 11 on this computer ever since I installed the game, and I haven't moved, deleted any of them since I last played the game, so I'm really confused as to why this has come up. Can anybody help me?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:45 AM Last edited by jvms20 : 15th Oct 2017 at 1:07 AM.
I'm having the same exact issue too thought it may totally be for different reasons. Are you by chance playing on a no CD crack? Even if you're not I think it might help whoever it is that can help you with this to post your config-log.txt file here that you can find in your logs folder in their respective neighborhood folder. That's what someone asked me to do when I posted about this issue if I find the answer to this ill let you know. If you can't find help here go over to leefish.nl and post there because they might know more about this issue. only problem is its not as active there as it is here so it takes some time for them to respond but meanwhile you wait for their response try these suggestions if you'd like:

Can you launch the game just fine from TSBin folder? Try testing it out. If you have Ultimate Collection it should be under C: Program Files(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun With Pets/SP9/TSBin and there should be an exe file called "Sims2EP9.exe" run as administrater and see if you can launch it that way.

If that does not work try this:

I'm not sure if I can link other websites so I will just copy and paste whatever Ichu12 said under the spoilers:

I am not an expert but if these work for you then that would be awesome and it might help narrow down for me what my issue is. These did not work for me but perhaps because the circumstances may be different.