Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#11076 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
none of them are demisexual
Romantic Standards + Sims with Family aspiration beg to differ.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11077 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Demisexuality doesn't have anything to do with falling in love or romantic attraction, lol, you can be demisexual and also totally aromantic. It's just about when you start being sexually attracted to people. Sims are always sexually attracted to each other regardless of whether they even know each other, so none of them are demisexual.

Sims aren't always sexually attracted to each other or negative bolts, turn ons/offs and gender preference would mean nothing. Plus, they can be less likely to respond to flirts if they barely know the other sim. Maxis vanilla behaviour just often makes 'agreement to woohoo' dependent on having the 'love' flag, so no sex before they have an emotional bond, therefore the joke about them being demisexual.
Mad Poster
#11078 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 8:57 PM
Demisexual doesn't mean "not attracted to every single person on earth", it means you're not even capable of being attracted to anyone until you form a bond with them. Sims happily swoon over people they haven't even met all the time, and have positive bolts with people they don't even know. Unless romantic standards competely redoes the while system of chemistry in the game, it doesn't change that. Demisexuality is an actual sexual orientation, it's not just "oh, I've decided to wait until marriage, tee hee."
Mad Poster
#11079 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 9:10 PM
Today I learned that Christianlov's Couple Advisor has one pretty big fault.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11080 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Today I learned that Christianlov's Couple Advisor has one pretty big fault.

I dunno I mean she has gloves and a poop scoop in her belt, so looks like a match to me!
Mad Poster
#11081 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 4:13 PM

Wait a minute, I've seen those chairs before!

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11082 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Wait a minute, I've seen those chairs before!

Brilliant! There are also lots of furniture seen in Frasier, and Martin's chair was in Sims 1... I wonder how many more there are that I don't notice!
Mad Poster
#11083 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 7:03 PM
I was confused about why randomising interests with the Sim Blender didn't seem to take my interest mod into account, and realised that it has its own BCON for the age boundaries for interests. So I went in and changed the BCON. Now Sim Blender will totally randomise interests with no age restriction. Yay!

I also went in and made a second BCON with even more restriction than I wanted to put on the mod originally but then I realised I have no idea how to add a whole new pie menu item and link a BHAV to it so I deleted it again XD But I saved it for later just in case.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#11084 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 10:16 PM
A Sim can congratulate another Sim for getting sprayed by a skunk.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11085 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 2:14 AM
Mad Poster
#11086 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 9:42 AM
Please Pideli and kestrellyn, kiss and make up. This forum would be a lot poorer if you were both banned.

Once, some time ago, I asked a couple of my gay Romance teen Sims to kiss and make up. They must have misheard me -- they kissed and made out!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11087 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Moving forward, if people can just stick to talking about sims without sneaking in their controversial political opinions, that'd be great. Please and thank you.

If you could just ignore people who piss you off, that would be great. Please and thank you.

I saw my sim fly a toy helicopter through the house whilst she was outside on the deck. The helicopter opened the doors and shut them behind iteself!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11088 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 2:17 PM
I didn't have time to see who was in favor of what or who, but I think that these issues always give rise to misunderstandings, and they should leave it now, no one wins, no one loses. I think it is typical of these times that many ways of naming things or seeing the world emerge and it is normal for chaos to be created, especially when speaking from such a limiting medium. So I think it's better not to debate too much about such concrete and at the same time abstract things and just try to get along with people and understand that they won't always understand you depending on the context. Although I have been a person reluctant to the mediatization and politicization of terms and other topics, I believe that on the one hand it has fulfilled its purpose. Now we should turn the page and simply move forward respecting everyone.

It's also good that the sims live "oblivious" to those things and you can give them the importance with which you feel most comfortable.
Mad Poster
#11089 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 2:48 PM
Continuing on an argument after the moderators tell you to knock it off seems a bit unwise.

Mad Poster
#11090 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 3:03 PM
WTF happened after I went to bed?
Mad Poster
#11091 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
WTF happened after I went to bed?

There was an argument about the definition of demisexuality which got a bit heated. HugeLunatic came by and cleaned it up.

Top Secret Researcher
#11092 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 9:30 PM
The penguin is pettable! How did I not know this?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#11093 Old 15th Apr 2024 at 4:38 AM
If you use the wrong GUID for updating career uniforms, it still technically works?

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11094 Old 15th Apr 2024 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
The penguin is pettable! How did I not know this?

You can also feed him a fish.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11095 Old 15th Apr 2024 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You can also feed him a fish.

If you're lucky he'll pee on the floor.
Page 444 of 444